Chapter Fourteen

"Why didn't you stop him? You've got how much horsepower burning through those veins but you can't stop Sam?"

"Firstly, I'm a woman not a Tesla"

Dedicated to joilong15 because your comments never cease to make me laugh

After a quick check of our apartment, I hustle downstairs. Swinging around the wrought iron banister as I smoothly bound down the stairs. Waving Unique off when he gets upset I cut him off swinging around another corner. Yes, Unique. The name alone makes me wanna smack him into next Thursday. Wandering out of our buildings ally and onto the bustling streets I head for Izzy. Izzy's is a local Chinese restaurant I've figured out Bucky and Yuri enjoy frequenting together. Despite the circumstances, I think the pair have grown quite the friendship over the past weeks. Why do I think this? Both are annoyingly senile. Always creates an enjoyable time for me being their third wheel.

Wandering into the busy restaurant I easily spot the pair on the corner of the bar. Smiling at Leah behind the bar I step up on the banister of Bucky's chair and slide my arms over his shoulders to support myself. His warm hand sliding up to hold me steadily. "You both are so predictable you know that?" I lean to press a kiss against Bucky's cheek. From the grin that stretches over his lips, I presume news hasn't broken yet near him. Glancing to my right, I warmly greet "How's it hanging Yori?"

"My day is great. James is buying", Yori slaps down his newspaper "For others, not so much. Nobody in the paper made it past ninety this week."

Humming agreeably, Bucky lift's a sushi roll with his chopsticks "So young. Such a shame."

Rolling my eyes, I unwrap myself from Bucky and lean against the restaurant bar. Senile. Noticing my eye roll, Yori points past Bucky at me "You should listen to your husband more. He is wise."

"Yeah", I tilt my head to give Bucky a cynical stare "You would think he's a hundred and six."

Smirking, Bucky tilts his head tauntingly "What can I say doll? I'm an old soul." My lips tugging upwards, I accept the half-bitten sushi roll he offers me. Struggling to ensure I actually have the rice remain in my mouth. "Would you look at that" Bucky drops the chopsticks on his finished black plate "You can stop talking." Trying to shift the rice and chicken around to form words I have to settle for glaring. Something that only causes Bucky to grin wider.