Chapter Twenty-Eight

"Yumi," Sesshomaru whispered in his sleep causing Inuyasha's ears to twitch as he opened his eyes.

Sesshomaru was laying on the ground still asleep as he sighed. He could tell he was dreaming about Yumi as Sesshomaru gripped onto the sheets tighter in his hands.

Inuyasha felt bad for his older brother, he knew if it was Kagome that got taken he'd be in pain as well.

Sesshomaru snapped open his eyes as he sat up with sweat running down his face. He turned to see Inuyasha standing over him.

"You were dreaming about Yumi, I went to check on you,"

"She's still gone," he said with a disappointed tone in his voice.

"We'll get her back Sesshomaru I won't abandon Yumi, you don't need to do this alone she's my sister in law you know I care for her too,"

He sighed as he looked to see Rin not around in the room.

"Where is Rin?"

"She's outside sleeping with Jaken and that pet of yours she didn't wanna sleep in here with us,"

Sesshomaru had stood up grunting as he did.

"What the hell do you think your doing?"

"Going for my wife," he said limping to the door.

"Sesshomaru your not well enough and you know it! Just stay here for a few days with us!"

"She could be dead in a few days Inuyasha it's Naraku were talking about!"

"But the man is also in love with her too he's not just gonna straight up kill her!"

"Inuyasha?" Kagome mumbled as she woke up to see Sesshomaru looking like he was about to leave and Inuyasha trying to stop him.

"I'm sorry I woke you Kagome, this idiot wants to go after Yumi and he's not even healed,"

"Sesshomaru I understand how much Yumi means to you, I know she's your wife and you want to get back with her as soon as possible but in order for you to do that you have to get healed first, please stay for a few days at least until you stop bleeding internally,"

Sesshomaru sighed before looking out the hut again. He has to get started on looking for Yumi. He will be fine on Ah-Un for the journey ahead.

"Will you at least consider it?" Kagome asked as Sesshomaru was already by the door of the hut.

"Thank you but I got it from here," was all he said before leaving out the hut.

"That Sesshomaru can be so damn stubborn," Inuyasha said not bothering to go after him this time.

*****

"Yo," Kagura said coming down with a plate of food.

"Yo yourself, I guess if I'm gonna be here for awhile I might as well make friends with you," she said as Kagura opened the cell and placed the food down in front of her before locking back up again.

"It's not like I'm going to come down to visit you often only when Naraku tells me too, you should become buddies with him,"

"Ughh never, wait a minute," Yumi said with a smile on her face. "What a great idea,"

"What is?" Kagura asked confused as she rose her eyebrow.

"Why so you can run and tell Naraku?"

"You distrust me that much?" Kagura asked with a small smile. 

"Indeed I do,"

"That's a good choice you made,"

"Hey Kagura," Yumi asked getting serious.

"What is it?"

"When you go out flying will you visit Sesshomaru for me? I know he's out looking for me," she said her hair covering her eyes.

"Fine," Kagura said before turning to walk away.

Yumi blinked in confusion never knowing Kagura would give in that easily.

Sesshomaru was resting on Ah-Un with Rin and Jaken walking behind them. He had his hand over his side as sleep over took him.

"Will Lord Sesshomaru be alright Master Jaken?"

"Yes Rin although he should have stayed to recover he did not,"

"It's my fault if I hadn't of went with you guys Yumi would still be here with Lord Sesshomaru,"

"D-Dont say that Rin," Sesshomaru mumbled out.

"Lord Sesshomaru?" Rin asked confused as it looked like he was still sleeping.

"Yumi loves you and none of this is your fault she's very protective and thinks of you as a daughter, it's only natural for her to sacrifice herself for you, Yumi is strong and independent I know she's going to be okay,"

"Lord Sesshomaru, thank you for that," Rin said with a smile but Sesshomaru was already snoring before he could respond.

A/N: It's been awhile since 2022 I know but here it is a new chapter story back up again