Chapter Twenty

Sesshomaru never took his eyes off of Yumi, he never went anywhere afraid Naraku will take her again. It's been a couple of days now and Yumi was still unconscious.

"Lord Sesshomaru," Rin called who was on top of Ah-Un with Yumi.

Rin hasn't left her side either she feels responsible for what happened.

"What is it?" He asked as he stopped walking glancing over at Rin.

He noticed the tears streaming down her face as he quickly went towards the two. His own eyes widened.

'Why didn't I sense it before?' Sesshomaru thought quickly pulling out tenseiga.

'Come on where are they?' Sesshomaru thought panicked. 'I- I used it once already. 58 years ago'

FLASHBACK 58 YEARS AGO

Sesshomaru, Yumi and Jaken were defeating a hoard of demons coming to them. They were practicing with getting stronger together. This was the only time she could ever truly fight along side Sesshomaru.

"LONG CLAW KILLER!" Yumi shouted as she sliced open the very last demon.

Yumi smiled in victory as she was covered in blood and sweat.

"Your getting better. I can honestly say I'm proud of my wife," Sesshomaru compliments smiling as Yumi smiled as well.

"You know that means a lot coming from you," she says taking steps towards Sesshomaru.

"YUMI!" He shouted just as a winged creature had plunged its claws into her back and bit open her shoulder.

Sesshomaru quickly jumped and sliced the demon in half causing Yumi to fall to the ground, but Sesshomaru caught her.

"No, I'm sorry I didn't see the demon,"

"It's okay my love. Just revive me, you have never revived me before,"

"I don't know if it'll work!"

"Just....... Try," Yumi said before coughing up more blood before closing her eyes.

"YUMI! YUMI!" Sesshomaru shouted before quickly getting up to pull out his sword.

"Carry out my will Tenseiga," he said as he slashed the demons from the netherworld.

Yumi's wounds began healing as Sesshomaru sighed in relief when she began coughing back to life.

"I knew you could do it," she said smiling as Sesshomaru only captured his lips on hers afraid he had lost her forever.

End of flashback

Sesshomaru gripped onto his useless sword before throwing it to the ground. He held Yumi in his arms kneeling to the ground. She was cold, and her wounds were bleeding out again. Sesshomaru held her close to him with his bangs covering his eyes.

"Lord Sesshomaru can't you revive Lady Yumi?" Rin cried standing next to him.

"No, I-I used it once before 58 years ago, this sadness, this pain I'm feeling," Sesshomaru said as a tear drop fell out of his eyes and onto her cheeks.

More tears kept pouring out as Rin eyes widened. Sesshomaru is crying for her.

"I love you Yumi, please, don't leave me. I can't go on without you, your my reason for existence. Please don't..... don't die," Sesshomaru cried as a wave of tears flowed down his face.

"I can't risk losing you..... please, please don't be dead, I'm sorry,"

"Lord Sesshomaru," Rin softly says tears back in her own eyes.

"Oh no! Not my daughter in law!" A familiar voice sounded as Sesshomaru's eyes widened as he looked up and saw his mother.

The wind blew as his mom looked at him with distaste.

"Sesshomaru don't tell me you let my favorite daughter in law die?"

"M-Mother what are you doing here?"

"What? You don't think I can visit my own son? Besides I was watching you and decided to pop by for a visit,"

"Mother Yumi is-"

"Dead and gone I know son. She had a good life while she lived it,"

"Mother is there a way to bring her back?"

"If I recalled you used the sword on her once 58 years ago did you not?"

Sesshomaru said nothing as he held onto his wife tighter.

"You've definitely changed with her Sesshomaru, your crying and you haven't cried since you were a newborn, your showing compassion and heartache towards her,"

"What are you going on about Mother? She's my wife.... I don't want a life without her,"

"You wish to die?"

"Yes..... I can't go on without her. I want to be in the underworld with the woman I love,"

"Lord Sesshomaru," Rin said with sorrow.

His mother sighed standing next to him.

"This will be her last chance Sesshomaru understand? You lucky I love her enough for this," she said placing some kind of stone on her.

Sesshomaru let her gently on the ground as the stone began glowing.

"Mother, you came all this way just to save her didnt you?"

"Of course I did Sesshomaru. When I saw on my stone what happened to her, I had to rush over here before it was too late," she said just as the stone stopped glowing.

Yumi began coughing once his mother took the stone off. All her wounds were healed as Sesshomaru placed a hand on her cheek.

"You've returned," Sesshomaru says as soon as Yumi opened her eyes.

"Sesshomaru, I heard what you said about wanting to die..... please if I ever die you have to keep on living,"

"I cannot! I will not live if you are not by my side," Sesshomaru said as Yumi grabbed onto his hand that was on her cheek.

"I love you," she says gently as Sesshomaru smiled.

"I love you more My Queen," Sesshomaru says before placing his lips down on hers.