Chapter 68 : Counter measures.

Third person point of view

Mingyu took a deep breath trying not to let the tears leak out. " Let's end this here for both of our good ". Wonwoo felt like he was just punched in the gut. It was like his heart was crushed and stomped upon. He just stared with his mouth agape.

Mingyu sniffled. " I am sorry if I ever hurt you unintentionally. I should've... tried harder. I should've been a better person. I am sorry for not being so. I am sorry I couldn't see any of it. I am sorry for not being able to be the one for you ".

Jimin turned around not wanting to look at it. Mingyu felt tears leaking out of his eyes. He couldn't stop them from falling. He looked down and wiped away his tears. " I am sorry ". He said in a choked up voice. Wonwoo was too stunned to even say anything. His eyes were trembling. " Mingyu-ah ". 

" Hyung.... Please do me a favor. I really don't want to talk about it right now. So please give me some space. I myself will come and talk to you after I calm down again. But later... not now. Please ". Wonwoo gulped hard. He nodded and walked away. Jimin went and hugged Mingyu. Mingyu cried out all he wanted. 

It was too pent up for a while now. He calmed down after a while. Jungkook and Jimin just stayed with him. Jungkook later went and brought dinner for the three of them and had it in their dorm. Wonwoo went for dinner and was walking back. He couldn't help thinking at all. When he walked out from their room in the evening, he didn't know what was wrong. 

He couldn't wrap his head around what was happening. It was all too sudden for his brain to process. He sat on his bed thinking about what it could be all the while. He thought about their time together and gradually understood. He understood what all Mingyu meant by those words and what he was feeling through these days. He also blamed himself for it.

He wanted to go talk to him, but it was clear that Mingyu didn't want to. So he decided to wait for Mingyu to calm down and speak the next day. Jimin gave a hug to Mingyu and walked out. Jungkook went out of the room with Jimin. " Will he be fine ? " Jimin asked worried. " He might take a while but he will be fine. Don't worry ". 

Jimin nodded and then went to his room. Jungkook stood there for a while. Wonwoo walked up to him. Jungkook was about to turn away but Wonwoo stopped him by holding his arm. " What is it ? " Jungkook asked pulling away. " You knew everything right ? " Jungkook nodded. " Then why didn't you tell me ? " 

Wonwoo's voice raised a little. " I am not in a place to interfere but now it got beyond that. I don't want to see him like this anymore ". Wonwoo was about to speak but Jungkook stopped him. " What is your problem ? Are you ashamed of something ? Or do you really not want to be with him ? You shouldn't have been this selfish. Don't you think so ? " 

" I AM NOT ASHAMED OF ANYTHING ! " Wonwoo shouted. Jungkook was not even fazed. " You shouting doesn't change anything hyung. So don't. You will only create a scene ". Jungkook said in a low voice. " It is because I never am ". Wonwoo pulled Jungkook away from the room and to the end of the corridor. 

Jungkook didn't object and went with Wonwoo. " Answer me about something ". Jungkook said when they reached the end. " What ? " " Did you kiss that girl... whoever it is from your class ? " Wonwoo looked like he heard the most disgusting thing and looked pretty upset about it. " Why would I even do that ? I don't even let her come close ". 

Jungkook frowned. " Then what happened at the pub ? " Wonwoo's frown deepened. " When ? " " Last Saturday ". Wonwoo thought about it and he remembered. " You saw it wrong ". Jungkook scoffed. " Yah. Listen to me completely and decide for yourself ". Jungkook nodded and decided to listen. " Tell me then ". 

He knew the kind of person his brother was, but for some reason seeing Mingyu like that didn't settle well with him and he was in anger. But now since his brother was going to speak, he was going to listen. Wonwoo explained everything to Jungkook, including his reason for wanting to keep it a secret. Jungkook was shocked. He never knew about any of this. 

He couldn't help but feel bad for Wonwoo too. He saw how Wonwoo's eyes were teary by the time he finished. " I am sorry hyung. But you should've just told him too. There is nothing to hide in this. He is always so understanding and he would've understood this too. You should know how hurt he must've been for all these days and that had to happen ". 

Wonwoo nodded. " I know. I didn't know if I could just tell him. But now I know I can. So help me ". Jungkook nodded. Wonwoo told him what to do and they went to their own rooms. Jungkook entered the room and saw Mingyu was already asleep. He covered him with the blanket and turned the lights off.

-MG

Author notice :

It is finally clearing up and you will see why all these happened too. No one does anything without any reason now do they ? You guys will also find out about it along with Mingyu. And also stop being mad at me. 😂