Gabe Request for @CarlyIM5 Part 2

— 6 years later—

After Gabe dumped you, you moved to New York and got a job for the arena there. Your daughter Maddie had just turned five years old and got more and more like Gabe every day. She was nice and always joking, as her dad. She had wondered why she didn’t have a dad like her friends, but had accepted that it was just you and her. You hadn’t dated anyone after Gabe, because you were to busy taking care of Maddie. IM5 had some concerts in New York, but you always had your assistant to take care of them, so you didn’t have to face Gabe or any of the others. Or, until now.

Your assistant was on vacation and no one could take over for you, so you had to work that concert. You had just drove Maddie to your best friend, Tiffany, who used to take care of her when you had to work, and she was just like an aunt to her. You parked your car and hurried into the arena.

The boys was about to do a sound check and you had to write down how the lights and sound was supposed to be by every song. You saw they had already started, so you sat at the tribune and start taking notes. You tried to just look at the scene features, but after two songs you couldn’t deny it any longer and focused on the boys. They all had grown so much since last time you saw them. You had avoid everything about IM5 the last 6 years, but you couldn’t help it and smiled. Until you laid your eyes on Gabe. Your entire body tensioned up because of the stream of emotions. You already felt the tears sting in your eyes, and you breathed deep. You had to act professional, this was your job. You turned back to your notes and kept focusing on the sound and lights.

You sat and discussed the lights with the light man, when you felt a light tap on your shoulder. You turned around and stood no one else, but Cole.

“Sorry for interrupting you, but...” he said completely shocked.

“Hi Cole, how can I help you?” you smiled.

“Wow, long time, no see”, he said and sat in a chair beside you.

“Yeah, 6 years” you said.

“So how have you been?” he asked.

"“Fine I guess. What about you?”

You know, busy with touring and stuff” he smiled. “But I haven’t seen you here before, are you new in this job?”

“No, I’ve worked here for about five years, but this is my first concert”.

“Oh, I see” he mumbled.

“But how is the band?” you asked.

Great, we just realized your sixth album”.

“Wow, congratulation then”. He laughed a little and said “thank you, thank you”. It was quiet for a bit before you asked “You wanted something?” smiling.

“Oh yeah, I just wondered if you could turn up the volume to Dalton’s micophone in the start of Rest Of Our Lives. I nearly heard him”.

“Yes, I noticed the same. I will make sure of it. Anything else?”.

”No, I think that was it. Thank you, and it was nice to see you again. We all missed you” he said and hugged you.

“Gabe too, even though he won’t admit it” Cole whispered. You took a step backwards and said “It was nice to see you too”, before you quickly turned around, and headed towards the sound room.

 Your head was spinning. Wasn’t he over you? Did he miss you? Did he want you back? You just turned a corner, so you didn’t see the person before you crashed.

“I’m so, so s- ” the voice was unmistakable. You looked up at the perfect face, with the eyes to die for. He kept staring at you with a soft stare, who just begged you to hug him. But you couldn’t. He dumped you on the street when you needed him the most. He couldn’t expect you to just forgive him. You shaked your head, gave him a look and walked past him, continued your way to the sound room.

“Hey, wait. Please wait” he said, running after you. You kept walking until he took your wrist and turned you around.

“What?” you spatted at him.

“I just want to talk to you” he said quietly.

“So you didn’t said enough last time? Because if you’re gonna keep telling me how bitchy I am, I think I’ll pass” you said and pulled away your hand.

“I’m sorry” he mumbled guilty.

“Oh, so now you’re sorry. Acctually, I’m the one who’s sorry. You can’t just dump me when I needed you the most, and then come back 6 years later saying you’re sorry and expect everything’s going to be alright. It’s just not how this world works” you said, and started to walk again.  You barely heard it when he asked “How is my child?”.

You turned around and saw how crushed he was.

“My child, you remember? You said you didn’t want anything with to do with her”, you was about to leave when he said

“I am truly sorry.” not higher than a whisper with a tear running down his cheeks.

“You’re too late, Gabe. You’re six years too late” and with that you turned around and started to run, while trying to hold back your tears.

You felt bad for him, but he let you and Maddie down. He dumped you on the street like you were nothing and it was his choice. Also he never tried to contact you ever after. But worst of all, he denied his own daughter, and you could never forgive him for that. You didn’t realize you were in the sound room, before Bob, the sound man, started to talk.

“Did you talk- Are you okay?” he asked when he saw you. You quickly wiped away the tears that had escaped and tried to smile.

“Yes, I’m alright, sorry. I talked with Cole and he said they needed more volume in the beginning of song number 6, when Dalton sings, okay? I also think you can turn the volume down for those who sings in the background. Rather than that, it was perfect”.you kept smiling.

“Okay, I will fix that. Are you sure you’re okay?” Bob asked, a little worried.

“Yes, I’m fine” you gave him one last smile and walked away.

You had avoided Gabe the rest of the day while you worked. Now it was around fifteen minutes before they were on stage, so you were standing on the side and making sure everything was going as planned. Just then you felt a tug on your shirt, and when you turned around Maddie was screaming ”Surprise”.

“What are you doing here?” you asked and picked her up and gave her a hug.

“Me and auntie wanted to surprise you” she said cutely and pointed at Tiffany. You smiled at her, and she returned your smile.

“Well, you definetly surprised me” you sand and peeked her nose, causing her to giggle.“AHH” Cole screamed. Oh shit.

Part 3 anyone? ;)