Sweet Dalton (request)

You were locked in the restroom at Starbucks once again. “Was it me?” You always ended up asking yourself the same question over and over again. No guys would ever want to be with you and you deep down inside knew it. Washing your face again, and heading outside. You could feel everyone staring at you, their eyes looking right through you. But it didn’t last for long because your attention was directed at your boyfriend, well ex-boyfriend.He was practically making out with the slut of a waitress. You could feel the tears coming in.

“God, really, you couldn’t even wait till I left,” you said dumping ice tea on both him and the slut.

“… Robin!” you didn’t even have the patients to look at him anymore. You stormed out of the Café. “Robin!! Wait !!” recognizing your ex’s voice you walked the complete opposite direction. You weren’t falling for his lies again. You walked, and walked, and walked. It felt like forever before you finally reached your building.

“Just 5 minutes before you can cry again,” you told yourself as you hurried past the front desk, and headed directly to the elevator, which thankfully was deserted. “Wait; hold the elevator!” your heart sank as your hot curly haired neighbor walked in.

“Oh hi, love,” you responded with a simple eye roll. You didn’t need Dalton making you feel giggly. The two of you stood there silently, you turned in the other direction. Suddenly there was a jerk as the elevator halted to a stop. You stumbled forward and would have fallen if Dalton hadn’t held you back. “You ok, love?” he looked concerned, so out of pity you nodded. “I’ll call up the… you know… rescue guys,” Dalton said giving you a confused look, making you laugh.

“You mean the fire fighter?” you said giving him a sarcastic look. “Yeah that,” Dalton said getting up pressing the big red button 5 times, getting no response in return. “Um… is everything ok?” you asked, you were beginning to get worried and you knew that you couldn’t hold back the tears much longer.

Yes… no,” He turned around looking at you sadly.  Like a pulse you began to cry. “Robin are you ok?” he asked running and sat next to you.

“It’s just today hasn’t been a good day for me.”  You mumbled letting you sadness take over, leaned on his shoulder.

“Oh its fine everyone had bad luck sometimes, love,” he whispered to you, holding you close.

“Yeah… well it feels like every day to me.” You protested.

“How bad could it be, really.” Here we’re stuck in an elevator and he was asking how badly.

“Well for starters were here, then my boyfriend dump-,” you said braking into tears yet again.

“Wait, what?” Dalton gave a confused look.

“I said.”

“No I know what you said, I just don’t understand why he would,” Dalton cutting you off. You just stared up at him, your checks growing light pink. 

“Robin,you’re an amazing girl, your beautiful, your funny, you light up a room with just a simple smile… your perfect.” He was holding you closer now and staring into your eyes, “I really don’t know why he ended it with you, I for one wouldn’t have…” the last 5 words echoing in small space.

“You’re just saying that,” you whispered to yourself. 

“Actually, love… I’m not. Please don’t take this in a weird way, but I actually look forward to all our little chats in the elevator, and hall ways.” He whispered, now being the one blushing, “You’re always the best thing of my day. I really don’t understand that jerk of a boyfriend.” He said giving you a hopeful expression. 

“Thanks Dalton, really,” you said laying your head on his lap.

“No really, Robin I really don’t know why you waste your time with jerks, you deserve a whole lot more.” He argued kissing your forehead.

“Yeah because there’s better” you said confidently.

“Actually… um I can be better. I mean your beautiful and um… god why is it so hard talking to you. I can never say anything right.” Dalton was frustrated now, making you get warm inside.

“Actually you’ve said enough.” You said with intentions to calm him down.

“No please, let me… I really like you, and I know I can do better than that guy, and any other.” He was looking down at you now.

“Really…?” you couldn’t believe that someone would actually want to be with you. 

“… yeah, I’ve just been to-,” Dalton began. You leaned up ward, kissing him, you didn’t know why, maybe in the edge of the moment or maybe out of curiosity, but you did, soft and slowly, Dalton pulling you towards him for more; your hand slowly running through his hair.

“Dalton…?” you whispered between a kiss.

“What, love?” He said cuddling up next to you. “I like you too.” With that he pulled you into a deep kiss. The two of you spent the day in the elevator, cuddled up. And what you thought was the worst day, actually turned out to be the day you meet the one.

-katt