Cole- "The Scars of Love"

You were mentally alone. You were sitting in the corner of your room thinking. Thinking about you and Cole. Would it be good if you left him? You moved yourself onto the bed, still in your thoughts. Horrible things racing through your mind along with the memories with Cole filled with happiness and love.

Cole walked in, but you didn’t hear it because you were so deep in your thoughts. Maybe this time the tabloids were right. Maybe he didn’t love you anymore, and somehow it felt like it. When he said he loved you, his eyes weren’t as sparkly and honest as before. Somehow he lost that spark, but you kept trying. His hugs weren’t that protective and warm as they used to be, now they were normal hugs like the ones a fan would give to you. His kisses weren’t that sweet anymore, he’d pull away quickly. You wouldn’t fight, no, but that something wasn’t there anymore. Cole sat down in the bed and then you noticed his presence.

“What happened to us?” you asked with a hint of sadness in your voice. “It feels like you don’t love me anymore.” you continued. “I try, but nothing seems to work. Please Cole tell me if you don’t want to be with me anymore. You’ve been hanging out with her lately, and you just feel so happy when you come home, but your smile fades away when you see me.”

“I just.. I cheated on you. This isn’t working.” he said and looked away. Those three words you were dreading came out of his mouth and on top of that, he calmly said that he had cheated on you, like it was just a normal thing to do. This was already the third time a boy broke your heart like this. You had a hard time trusting him at first, because of your previous relationships. Finally you gave him a chance, but he broke your heart. It was like he stabbed your heart many times, shot it and stomped on it to make sure it was completely shattered. You wanted to cry, but held it in.

“Okay. I’ll just pack and go.” you said and got up. You wanted to just run, run as fast as you possibly could. That’s why you made it so quick.

“I’m sorry.” he said looking at your sad eyes.

“I can’t make anyone love me. This is not definitely the first time of me hearing that, so I’ll be okay.” you said and headed to pick up your suitcase from standing against the wall. You unzipped it, and threw in all of your belongings, stuffing it to the fullest and zipped it. When you moved in with Cole, he told you that the only thing you were going to use that suitcase from that day on was traveling - meaning that you wouldn’t ever have to go. After packing, you left the house without saying a single word. You left with a broken heart.

3 months later

You were currently single, since your trust with people was completely dead after Cole. You were at a local park, sitting on a bench and trying to get your mind off from all the stress. You saw a bunch of kids playing hide and seek, with their parents nearby chatting, people walking their dogs and heard birds chirping. The most heart warming thing you saw was an old couple holding hands and walking.

They looked like they were so in love with eachother that nothing could break them apart. You smiled lightly. Still it broke you inside, because you knew that you wouldn’t ever have a chance to experience that. You felt something vibrating in your pocket, and you were a bit overwhelmed at first. Then you mentally did a facepalm, recognizing it as your phone. You pulled your iPhone out of your pocket, and noticed that Dalton was calling. You were unsure of what to do, because you had been ignoring Cole even though he constantly tried to contact you. He would try to do it on some of the guys phones but he hadn’t tried Dalton’s phone. You pressed the green button and placed your phone on your ear.

“Hello.” you said.

“Hi, Y/N. You need to come here now.” Dalton said.

“Where and why?”