Sweet/Sad Cole imagine

“Cole! You’re not listening to me!” i nearly screamed. My shrill voice echoed in the small car, making my words even more fierce.

“I don’t need to listen! I know what i saw!” Cole protested, keeping his eyes on the road. I scowled at him.

“No. You don’t.” i argued. Cole turned his gaze on me, and narrowed his eyes.

“So I didn’t see you flirting with another man?” he asked, faking enthusiasm. “Don’t you even get me started, (y/n)! i know what you look like when you’re into someone! and trust me, that is what i just saw back there!” Cole jammed a thumb backwards, gesturing to the club that was down the road that we left just minutes before. I rolled my eyes.

“I was not flirting with him! we were having a casual conversation!” i pressed, i was not going to let Cole win this fight because i knew he was wrong. The man had honestly just been talking to me, nothing more. But Cole had convinced himself otherwise.

“A casual conversation doesn’t involve batting you’re eyes at him!” Cole yelled, tired of my arguments.

“So, now i’m not allowed to blink when i talk to someone!?” i looked at my boyfriend in disbelief. Why was he being so stubborn, and protective? It was beginning to piss me off.

“Don’t you act like you were just blinking!” Cole spat. Rain hit the wind shield of the car loudly, forcing us to yell not just over each other, but the rain as well.

“I’m not acting anything!” I wasn’t just mad now. I was furious. What was Cole's problem? I was just trying to have fun at the club! Cole took his gaze from the road, his eyes piercing into my own with fury. I don’t think i have ever seen Cole so mad before.

“You know what?! why don’t you just—” Cole was cut off by the horn of an oncoming truck. I don’t know how people can say that everything happened in slow motion, because for me, it all happened too fast. Cole swerved, but the rain had frozen slightly on the road, making it slippery, and the car span out of control. Before I could say, or do anything. The car stopped spinning, colliding with an obsticle. I felt a sharp pain on the right side of my body, and my ears rang with the sound of my own screams. Pain welcomed me like an old friend, taking over my entire body in a matter of seconds, sending my thoughts spiraling out of control. But before i could do anything, everything went black.

Cole's POV (after accident):

I sat in the waiting room, awaiting the results. I was barely holding it together, my emotions were clouded as i wrung my hands together.That the accident was all my fault, if i had just dropped the subject of (y/n) flirting with another man, her life wouldn’t be on the line. She wouldn’t be fighting for something that she nearly lost, because of me. When i had swerved the car, i guess i swerved off the road and into a tree. The car didn’t crash head first into the tree, it crashed from the side. (y/n)’s side. The doctors said that it was amazing she didn’t die on contact. Instead, she was in excruciating pain as she fought for her life. Tears began to blur my vision as the thought crossed my mind. This is all my fault. This is all my fault. I’m so stupid. It should be me in there, not her. But she’s still alive. If she lived through all the surgeries, i was going to propose. Getting this close to loosing her made me realize that i didn’t want to loose her. I realized as i  sat alone in the white hospital waiting room that she was my everything. I couldn't, wouldn't, go on without her. The doctor exited from her room, and made his way towards me down the hall. My face must have been face was strained, and tired looking, but he had done all he could to save (y/n), now it was just finding out if it was a success or not. I shot up out of his chair so fast that my shaky legs almost couldn’t hold me anymore. The doctor reached out, grabbing me before he could fall to the cold, tile floor.