Chapter Ten

Chase, Marshall, and the others loaded everything they thought that they would need into the Air Patroller. They loaded up their vehicles, food, and equipment among other things. They didn't know how long they were going to be in Barkingburg, so they grabbed enough blankets and pillows for everyone.

Luckily, Robo-Dog was activated, so the plane was set to auto-pilot. Chase activated stealth mode on the plane. "Okay," he told everyone as the plane sped off, "if we keep this speed, we should get to Barkingburg by sunset. Before we arrive, let's go over the plan." A large screen appeared that closed off the back half of the plane. The tv turned on and displayed the same map with all the drawn lines they looked at earlier. "First, we have to worry about backup. If we're gonna take down Jason, we need the strength in numbers."

"I will seek help from Zeus and his pack," Luna said. "He despises the king just as much as we do, so I can guarantee he will support us."

"Okay," Chase said. "Let's get some rest. We need our strengths for when we arrive." The others nodded and got as comfortable as they could. They all rested for the majority of the ride.

Chase woke up ten minutes outside of Barkingburg. He slept on Ryder's chair. It still had the scent of his owner, which gave Chase the confidence he needed to lead the group. He thought he was the first one until he looked to his right. Solon was sitting down on the couch, looking down at the ground. Chase hopped off the chair and walked over to him.

"Hey, Solon," Chase said. He sat down right in front of the man. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Solon replied. Chase noticed that his eyes were distant. "Just thinking about my dogs, that's all."

"Ranger and Chase?" the German Shepherd asked. He remembered the Golden Retrievers and how they decided to live with Solon after their encounter with Jason. "How are they doing?"

"Good, I think," Solon said softly. "I told them that I would be home soon after work. That was the day the Jason overtook us and locked us up. When we got out days later, I wanted to go check on them, but I figured that it would be more important to stop the king, or there would be no home to return to. Now, I'm somewhat regretting the decision of not checking up on them."

"I'm sure they're doing fine, Solon," Chase tried to comfort. "They're both really strong and smart."

'I know," Solon said. "I just wish I would've said something before I left to Adventure Bay."

Chase thought about it. "Wait, you live in the Barkingburg, right?"

"Yea, why?"

"If you want, you can make a quick stop by your house."

"But the mission . . ."

Chase stopped him. "The mission is about going back with our families. You should go check on yours. Make sure they're good."

Solon sighed. "Thanks, Chase. You sure know how to lead a team."

Chase looked out the window. "Yeah, well, I learned from the best there is."

"We're going to save him, Chase," Solon said, noticing the pup's worried look. "We're going to save all of them. This is going to work."

"I know it will," the German Shepherd said. He looked back at Solon. "Because I don't what I'll do if it doesn't."

A soft alarm went off, waking up some of the team members. "Well, then," Chase said. "Let's go win."

**Author's Note**
Hey, everyone. Sorry for the long pause. I had to take some time off to figure some things out. But I'm back now. This is a shorter chapter, but I hope you guys enjoyed it and I'll try to upload more frequently. Thank you to everyone for being so patient with me and have a great day.