Chapter Seven

"How can the pack help you?" Luna asked.

"We have a situation," Chase replied. He looked around and noticed that a certain pup was missing. "Where's Apollo?"

"He's with his the rest of the pack," she replied. "He's okay. And what about you?"

"We're good," Chase replied. "You remember Marshall and Sweetie, correct?"

"Hello," Marshall and Sweetie said in unison.

"Hello," Luna repeated. "And the rest of the team? How are they?"

"That's the problem," Chase replied. "Puissance returned. He took over the kingdom again, but this time, he's not alone. He allied himself with a bounty hunter named Trystan. This man came to Adventure Bay and captured the rest of the team. Trystan was going to get us but he and his men were called back to Barkingburg."

The alpha wolf took a moment to take it in. "So you plan on saving them with our help?"

Chase nodded. "Not just that. We have to take down Puissance once and for all."

"I understand," Luna said. "The pack will assist you, but we must take care of some things first. Let's meet again at the break of dawn outside your tower."

"Okay," Chase said. They watched as the wolves turned around and disappeared into the night. Chase looked at Marshall. "That was some good thinking, Marshall."

"Thanks," Marshall replied.

"So, what now?" Sweetie asked. "We just wait until the morning?"

"Yeah," Chase said. "We have to come up with a plan before we do anything."

Sweetie didn't want to wait. The longer they waited, the more danger the Princess and the Paw Patrol were. But she had to wait. She needed Chase and Marshall's help. She followed Chase and Marshall back to the Lookout. Chase and Marshall parked their trucks in their designated spots and they turned into pup houses. Sweetie parked her vehicle in between them both and it turned into pup house as well.

"Alright, goodnight, Chase," Marshall said. "Goodnight, Sweetie."

"Goodnight Marshall," they said at the same time.

Chase looked at Sweetie. "Goodnight, Sweetie. And I hope to wake up here in the morning."

Sweetie laughed nervously. She remembered how she captured Chase inside his own vehicle and took him to Barkingburg. "Don't worry, Chase. I changed. Goodnight." All three pups entered their pup houses and turned in for the night.

The following morning, Chase was the first to wake up as usual. He yawned and stretched before walking out. He turned to his right and called out to Sweetie. "Sweetie, time to wake up," he said.

Sweetie started to turn as she woke. "Huh? What?" she asked.

"Time to wake up," Chase repeated.

"Oh," she said softly. She got up with difficulty, stretched, and walked out to meet up with Chase. "This is how you wake up the pups every morning."

"Pretty much," Chase replied.

"Wow," Sweetie exclaimed. "I usually wake up whenever I want, so a lot later."

Chase shrugged. "Everyone does things there own way."

"I guess so."

Chase and Sweetie walked over to Marshall's pup house. "Marshall," Chase said. "Time to go up." There was no response, so Chase repeated. "Marshall, time to get up."

"I heard you," Marshall said as he walked out. His left eye was still closed, and his right eye was barely open. "I'm up."

"Are you, though?" Chase asked. Sweetie laughed at the joke.

Marshall shook his head fast and looked at Chase normally. "Okay, now I am," he said. "What now?"

"Well, first, we have to eat breakfast," Chase said.

Marshall sighed happily. "I was hoping you would say that. I'm starving."

Chase, Marshall, and Sweetie walked into the Lookout. Since Ryder wasn't there, the responsibility of serving the pup breakfast fell on Chase. It always happened whenever Ryder was out, whether it was work related or not, so he had no problem with it. He pulled out his and Marshall's bowls and looked at Sweetie. He figured he couldn't use one of the other pup's bowls. Chase walked to the back of the kitchen, opened a cabinet by pulling on the cloth tied to the handle, and pulled out an extra bowl they had.

Chase dragged the bag of food over to where Marshall and Sweetie waited patiently. He dropped the bag enough so that he could reach the opening comfortably. He grabbed the scoop inside of the bag and used it collect kibbles. Chase carefully filled the bowls with food. When he first learned how to serve breakfast, he dropped more food on the ground than he did in the bowls, but he's gotten more practice since then.

Chase dragged the bag back to its place, walked over to Marshall and Sweetie, and exclaimed, "Breakfast is served."

"You serve the breakfast here?" Sweetie asked.

"When Ryder isn't around," Chase replied. He looked down at Sweetie's borrowed bowl. It was smaller than Chase and Marshall's. "Eh, sorry for the size of the bowl," he apologized. "The only extra ones we had available were our old ones that we grew out of."

"That's okay, Chase," Sweetie replied. "I don't eat a lot in the morning anyways."

The three pups ate their food in silence until Marshall broke the silence. "So," Marshall said as he swallowed the last of his food. "Did you have a plan in mind, Chase?"

Chase looked up at Marshall. "Well, a start of one," he replied. "With the help of Luna's pack, we find out where the soldiers are. The team could either be at the castle or somewhere else. But first, we need to find the Princess."

"The Princess?" Sweetie asked. "Why her first? Not that I'm complaining, just curious."

Chase looked at her. "You said the Princess was still at the castle, right?" Sweetie nodded. "Then we know her location," Chase said. "That's certain. She also knows more about Barkingburg than we do. She could help us finding out where they could be kept if they aren't at the castle. It's not much, but its a start." Marshall and Sweetie nodded. The white terrier couldn't help but smile. She finally had some more hope that the Princess will be saved.

All three pups heard howling outside the tower. "Lets go," Chase said. "No time to waste. Lets rescue our families."