Chapter Eight

Chase, Marshall, and Sweetie walked out of the Lookout. They were met with a dozen wolves with Luna in front of them. "Forgive me for not being here earlier," she said. "I had to do something first."

"Don't worry, Alpha Luna," Marshall replied. "We were just finishing up our breakfast."

"I see," Luna said. "Well, we have no more daylight to waste. I have some news."

Luna and the pups walked into the tower while the other wolves waited outside. They sat down in the living room facing each other. "What news did you have?" Chase asked.

"Do you remember when I told you about the rogue wolves. Titan, Echo, Blanco, and the others?" Chase and Marshall nodded, but Sweetie shook her head."

"I was never told that story," the white terrier said.

"We'll fill you in later," Chase told her. He returned his gaze to Luna. "We remember them."

"A wolf of my pack has brought it to my attention that Titan and his pack are in Barkingburg. They met up with the King and some wolves were seen patrolling the castle."

"So Jason has a pack of wolves to work for him?" Sweetie asked

Luna shook her head. "No, I know Titan. He won't work for anyone, especially a human."

"So its an alliance," Chase guessed. "Why?"

"I don't know," Luna confessed. "But it can't be good, for none of us. Titan has a plan, and he's using the king as a pawn."

"So we have two evil leaders out to get us," Marshall said. "That's nice."

"I wish that weren't the case," Luna sympathized. "Nevertheless, we have to be careful. None of us are out of harm's way."

Marshall looked at the German Shepherd, who was looking at the ground in front of him. He could've sworn he saw the gears turning in Chase's eyes. He knew that look too well.

"Chase," Marshall said. "What are you thinking?"

Chase looked at Marshall. "About a way to stay on top," he said. Chase turned to the wolf. "Luna, when's the last time you talked to Zeus?"

"Who's Zeus?" Sweetie asked. She started to think that she should get out of Barkingburg more.

"My son's, Apollo, father," Luna replied. "It has been several days. What are you thinking?"

"Can you contact him to meet us here? We are going to need a lot of help."

"That's why I'm here," a man said the Lookout doors. The four canines quickly turned to see an old friend standing there.

"Hey, Solon," Chase said. "When did you get here?"

"Just now," he replied. "After I called, I decided to come help in any way I could."

"Thanks," Chase said.

They all rode to the top floor of the Lookout. Chase walked over to the monitor and pressed some buttons. A map of Barkingburg appeared on the screen.

"So what's the plan, Chase?" Marshall asked.

"Well, first, we have to go rescue the Princess and the Earl. Sweetie said in the castle dungeon. We're going to have to get to them first before Jason decides to move them. Sweetie, how did you exit the castle after you escaped from the cage?"

"The same way you did," Sweetie replied. "But I don't think all of us are going to fit."

"That's fine," Chase said. "Not all of us have to. Just me and Marshall. Alpha and the wolves will be on patrol, watching and making sure we have an easy way in or out of the castle. Sweetie, Solon and his men are going to be across the main bridge as a distraction. That way, we have a clear coast. If things go as I would like them to. The king will order the resistance to be taken down, so he will get his soldiers to investigate. Hopefully, that lets us lead the Princess and the Earl to safety. Once we get them out, we will need a place to regroup."

"I own an apartment building inside the city," Solon announced as he pressed a few buttons and a line circled an entire block on the map, highlighting the area green. "The fifth floor is used as a safe house, so we can meet up there." The others looked at him. "What? I inherited it."

"Okay, that works," Chase said. "We'll meet there and discuss the next part of the plan. Any questions?" No one said anything. "Okay. Get everything ready. We live in an hour. Let's hope we're not too late."