Chapter Six

Sweetie was breathing hard. "I need to talk to you," she told Chase and Marshall."

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" Chase asked.

"Jason is back in Barkingburg and I think he is coming here next," she replied frantically. "He's working with some bounty hunter named Trystan to help him take over the world. But first he wanted to 'take care' of the Paw Patrol."

"Yeah, we know," Marshall interrupted.

Sweetie looked back and forth from both pups. "You . . .you know?"

"Yeah, the bounty hunter and some soldiers came and took the rest of the team already."

"Oh, I'm so sorry," Sweetie said sadly. "I should've gotten to you sooner. Maybe you would've had time to prepare. Maybe . . ."

"You can't beat yourself up over this," Chase exclaimed. "It wasn't your fault. Is the Princess and the Earl safe?"

Sweetie shook her head. "Jason got to them too. He locked them up in the . . . the same place I locked you up."

Chase and Marshall remembered that vividly. But after everything that happened between them and the terrier after that, her helping them in the first battle and saving them in a second, Chase and Marshall learned to forgive her for it.

"What happened back then doesn't matter anymore," Chase said. "How were able to get to us?"

"Apparently, I'm was able to squeeze through a dented cage opening. The Princess sent me here to warn you, but I guess im a bit too late for that."

"You're here," Marshall said. "That's all that matters. You can help us stop Puissance once and for all."

The three pups walked into the Lookout and rode the elevator up to the top floor. The elevator stopped in the middle to allow Chase and Marshall to change into their Mission Paw outfits before they reached the top. When the elevator doors opened, the three pups walked out. Chase walked over to the monitor, turned it on, and started pressing buttons.

"What are you doing, Chase?" Sweetie asked.

"Seeing if the team's trackers are working," Chase explained. "If we can find out where they are being taken, maybe we can find an advantage." A map of the area showed up and six red dots showed up. "And they seem to be working just fine."

Marshall looked at the map. "They're still in Adventure Bay," he noticed.

"Yeah, but so are the soldiers," Chase said. "Puissance wouldn't want the Paw Patrol held here."

"So, where do you think they are being taken?" Sweetie asked.

"My guess, same place as the Princess," Chase replied. "Puissance likes to talk, so he's going to have them near."

Sweetie looked at them. "I know that you guys know what you're doing, but it's going to take more than just us three to stop him. He has an army, not to mention the bounty hunter."

"She's right," Marshall agreed. "We're gonna need some backup."

"I agree," Chase said. He removed the map off the screen and called the most recent call."

"Solon here," he said. "I'm glad you got my message about Puissance in time."

Chase and Marshall looked at each other. "What message?" Marshall asked.

"You didn't get it?" Solon asked. The pup shook their heads. Solon cursed under his breath. "Well, Puissance is out and he . . ."

"Wants to get revenge on the team and take over the world?"Chase continued

"Well, yes," Solon replied. "Wait a minute, how did you know?"

"He got here and took the team except for us," Chase said.

Solon groaned. "I'm sorry, guys. I'm getting sick and tired of this man."

"Us, too," Chase agreed. "Which is why I wanted to ask if you and your men wanted to help put an end to his reign once and for all."

Solon looked at something off-screen but then refocused on the pups. "Nothing would make us happier," he stated.

"Pawesome," Chase said. "I'll contact you later to fill you in with the plan."

"Roger that, Solon out," Solon stated before ending the call.

"Should we try our parents?" Marshall asked.

"No," Chase said. "They can't know just yet. They have heard enough about Puissance. I don't want to put them through that again."

"Okay," Sweetie said, "But we will still need some more help."

"I know," Chase said. "Let see."

"I have an idea," Marshall said, grinning.

Chase looked at him. "What are you thinking?"

Marshall's grin grew wider. "Follow me," he said as he ran off the the slide and slid down. Chase and Sweetie looked at each other before following the Dalmatian.

Marshall led Chase and Sweetie, each in their separate vehicle, up to Jake's mountain. He stopped in the middle of the wooded area and hopped out of his truck. Chase and Sweetie followed his lead. The sun was beginning to disappear beyond the horizon.

"So, what's your plan?" Sweetie asked.

Instead of answering, Marshall howled loudly. Chase immediately understood and howled as well. Out of peer pressure, Sweetie howled as well. Ten minutes after they stopped, they heard a rustling in the bushes behind them.

The noise made Sweetie jump and hide behind Chase and Marshall. "You guys heard that."

"We did," Chase and Marshall said in unison.

Out of the bushes, a half-dozen light-gray wolves walked out of the bushes. Following them was a white wolf, bigger than any of the others. Chase and Marshall lowered their heads out of respect, and Sweetie followed their example. The white wolf nodded, showing that the could lift their heads.

"Alpha Luna," Chase called out. "We meet again."

"Hello, Princeps," Luna announced. "How can the pack help you?"