4.13 | The Big Fight

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

Anna walked by Jasper's side as they made their way out into the snowy clearing, the Cullens and their witnesses walking with them until they stopped. "If we live through this, I'll follow you anywhere, woman," Garrett told Kate making Anna smirk, she liked the two together. "Now you tell me," Kate replied before glancing at Anna who laughed softly before focusing ahead, her hand in Jasper's as they waited for the Volturi to break through the trees. Her shared words with Caius bounced through her head, he wouldn't fight her; he wouldn't fight any of them.

They could hear the Volturi and their army coming closer, Jasper squeezed Anna's hand as he tried to block out the mix of emotions coming off of everyone. "The redcoats are coming! The redcoats are coming!" Garrett muttered as he bounced on the heels of his feet, Anna was amused by his presence. Suddenly Aro and his army became visible to them and it was clear that they greatly outnumbered the Cullens and their witnesses, Edward watches Aro closely. "Aro's looking for Alice," Edward informed them as Anna and Jasper moved forward to stand closer to Bella, Renesmee, and Edward.

As the Volturi walked forward, distant howls signaled the pack and soon the shifters were approaching the Cullens and their witnesses. Paul walked up to stand by Anna's side as Jacob stood with Bella, Sam stood tall ahead of the pack as the alpha but ultimately, the pack gave them more numbers. The Volturi and their army came to a stop and the main members removed their hoods to reveal themselves, Aro's gaze flitted from Marin who stood by Leah to Anna and Bella. Carlisle was the one to walk forward, he nodded to Edward and the twins before stopping a few steps ahead of the others.

"Aro, let's discuss things as we used to. In a civilized manner," Carlisle asked Aro hoping for a peaceful encounter rather than bloodshed. "Fair words, Carlisle. But a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against us," Aro replied to Carlisle with a smirk. "I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken," Carlisle assured the kings of the Volturi. "We see the child. Do not treat us as fools," Caius snapped though his eyes landed on Anna who raised a brow, he really was keeping up the act of Aro's puppet.

"She is not an Immortal!" Carlisle responded, "These witnesses can attest to that. Or you can look, see the flush of human blood in her cheeks." A few of Aro's guards disagreed with Carisle's words but Aro raised his hand to silence them. "I will collect every facet of the truth. But from someone more central to the story. Edward, as the child clings to your newborn mate, I assume you are involved," Aro spoke with a motion for Edward to approach him. Edward looked at Bella before glancing at Anna, the blonde nodded before letting go of Jasper's hand.

Edward walks forward with Anna beside him, the two of them approach Aro who looks apprehensive about Anna being near but ultimately, the King reaches his hand out and grasps Edwards into his own. Aro is left astounded at the realization that Renesmee was indeed not an immortal child but born with the warmth of a mortal. "I'd like to meet her," Aro informs them as he lets go of Edward's hand. Edward turns and looks at Bella and Renesmee, nodding to her while Anna keeps her eyes locked on the three kings. Bella, Renesmee, Jacob, and Emmett make their way towards them so Aro can meet Renesmee.