1.14 | James' Game

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

"Mom?" Bella called out cautiously as she and Anna entered their old ballet studio, the twins were beyond anxious. "Bella?" Renée's voice echoed through the room. "Mom?" Anna called out as they moved further into the room before pulling back a curtain to reveal a video playing causing the twins' hearts to drop at the realisation that they fell for James' game. "Anna? Bella? There you two are. What are you both doing in here?" Renée asked them.

"Everyone was making fun of Bella. I didn't want her to be alone," Anna's voice replied, the young version of her held her older sister close. "Come on, you're a wonderful dancer," Renée encouraged her older daughter. "Mom, I suck. At least Anna can dance," Young Bella replied while young Anna sighed. "You do not suck," Renée and young Anna said in unison causing them all to giggle.

"That's my favourite part. You were a stubborn child, weren't you? It's strange knowing that you're the eldest but Annabeth is the youngest ─ you act like it's the opposite," James' voice echoed through the room causing uncomfortable shivers to spur down Anna's spine at the sense of danger. "She's not even here," Bella stuttered out fearfully. James approached the twins, Anna instantly stood in front of Bella watching James' every move.

"Even in the face of danger..." James cooed at Anna as he caressed her face, inhaling deeply as he did so. "You... smell... delicious..." James spoke before grabbing Anna's arm and throwing her to the side. "But I'll get to you," James told her as she hit the ground, her side burnt up with pain from the impact ─ her wrist made an uncomfortable crack that echoed through the room bringing tears to her eyes.

"You know, you really made it too easy. So, to make things more entertaining," James began as he pushed Bella into the room, leaning in close to her. "I'm gonna make a little film of our time together," James told her before holding up a familiar camera. "I borrowed this from your house. I hope you don't mind," James informed the twins with a sadistic smile resting on his face. Anna pushed off of the ground and stood up slowly as James began recording.

"Action," James spoke as Anna made her way over, pushing James away from Bella which only entertained the nomad. "You're stronger than I thought, Annabeth. I gotta admit, you fascinate me. How are you such a strong little singer?" James asked with a smirk before grabbing her pained wrist and twisting it causing another crack to echo through the room followed by a scream. "That's gotta break little Jasper's heart, huh?" James taunted as Bella grabbed Anna and pulled her close.

"Leave her alone!" Bella shouted at James gaining his attention again. James shoved the camera into Bella's face, "That'll break Edward's little heart too." Anna scoffed at James' games as she held her broken wrist to her chest. "You have... They have nothing to do with this!" Anna told him angrily, her eyes darkened harshly as she glared at the nomad ─ standing protectively in front of her older sister.