3.8 | Snowy Battle

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

After Anna and Bella dragged their scent through the forest towards the clearing that would prove to be an advantage for the Cullens in the battle, Jacob and Paul had shown up to carry the twins up to the campsite to hopefully cover their scents; including Anna and Paul having to step in when Edward and Jacob tried going each other. Jasper had full trust in Paul purely because Anna trusted him, the vampire nodded to Paul before watching him go. Anna and Jasper had already discussed that he needed to be in the field fighting, despite his hesitation, Jasper was willing to let Edward protect them alongside Jacob and Seth.

They had organised everything with Charlie who was fine with the girls camping considering he had plans to go fishing which meant he'd be safe; that had eased the twins. And Anna had to deal with Bella's complaints about Edwards lack of intimacy with her which amused the blonde who could clearly tell that her sister was sexually frustrated, not that Anna will ever know that feeling because her and Jasper are intimate quite a lot; she was certain that Charlie would have a heart attack if he knew. But she pushed that aside as she pulled on some gloves and a warm jacket, her mind was racing about everything that would be happening.

"Darling?" Jasper noticed the look in Anna's eyes, the uncertainty surrounding her made him more worried than he already was. "What is it?" Jasper asked her as he placed his hand against her face, looking into her eyes as she took in a shaky breath. "I'm okay... just a little uneasy. Worried about everyone," Anna told him before wrapping her arms around him and leaning her head against his chest, Jasper wrapped his own arms around her and rested his head on hers. "We'll get through this," Jasper whispered to her, he kissed the top of her head before pulling back enough to kiss her on the lips.

"I love you, Jasper Whitlock," Anna whispered against Jasper's lips. "I love you, Annabeth Swan," Jasper whispered back before he pressed against her lips. The outcome of the fight was unknown to them so Anna wanted to be prepared for anything, she had already ─ unknown to everyone ─ written letters in case everything went wrong. She tried to keep her mind positive but she knew the feeling in her chest was screaming at her that something was gonna go wrong. "Everything will be okay, Anna. You'll see," Jasper told her in hopes to reassure her, he knew she could play the tough act but her emotions he felt betrayed her; he knew she was worried and scared.

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

Anna relaxed in Paul's arms, she watched the sky pass by as they headed up the mountain with Jacob ahead of them carrying Bella. "What's going on with you, Anna?" Paul asked Anna softly, he had picked up on her chemo-signals that screamed fear and sorrow. "Just worried about everyone fighting," Anna told him, she was necessarily lying to him but she wasn't being as truthful as she played. "We'll be okay. And don't worry, I'll look out for your mate," Paul told her with an indifferent tone but Anna still appreciated it. "Jasper already told me that he'd look out for you," Anna said with a smile, her boyfriend and brother figure getting along made her happy.