2.10 | Magnolia Clave

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

Anna needed to take a break from Edward and Alice's argument as Bella slept, they were getting on a plane in only a few hours to return to Forks where Charlie was definitely fuming at their sudden disappearance after what happened last time. However, it didn't take Anna long to realize that she was no longer alone in the alleyway. "Lurking in the shadows is a very creepy thing to do, Caius," Anna spoke before turning in time to be shoved against the wall by the mentioned blonde. "How did you know?" Caius asked as she looked into Anna's blue eyes.

"I've gotten good with my abilities and I assumed if anyone wanted to approach me, it would be the one that fooled my ancestor for power when she loved him, even as a monster," Anna sneered at him before using her mind to throw him off of her. "You think I didn't love her?" Caius asked with an angered expression. "It certainly seems to me like you didn't," Anna snapped back at him, her eyes changing to the grey color that represented her power. "I loved Magnolia, Annabeth. But I was... different then," Caius told her before looking down.

"Magnolia Clave was the first person I met that didn't see me as a monster no matter how many bodies lay behind me, she fought for me and reminded me what it was like to be alive," Caius told Anna truthfully. "Then why did you betray her? Hurt her?" Anna asked him, Caius looked up at Anna. "Because I was angry. She chose Mikael. She may not have been my mate but..." Caius trailed off as he leaned back against the wall, Anna sighed. "If I could go back and change anything, I would have never hurt her," Caius continued.

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

Magnolia balanced the books behind her, she was humming a tune as she focused her power to telekinetically sweep the floors and clean the windows. Her focus broke when someone placed their hands on her waist, "My dear, what are you doing?" Magnolia looked back at Caius and smiled fondly. "I am simply practicing, sweet Caius. Aro says that it is important that I keep my magic sharp and at the ready," Magnolia told him before turning around to place her hands on his chest. "And to what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?" Magnolia asked him.

"I wanted to see my best girl, is there a problem with that?" Caius asked before he leaned in a captured Magnolia's lips with his own. When they pulled apart, Magnolia smiled brightly up at him before waving her hand making the books return to the shelves. "Now, I hope you aren't too busy because I was thinking that maybe you and I could take a small trip," Magnolia suggested, Caius nodding happily before the two spent some time talking about their days. It was mundane but it gave Caius a sense of humanity, something he had lost long ago.

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

"So the two of you were happy? How did that change?" Anna asked as she and Caius walked through the deserted streets. "On our trip..." Caius spoke as he stopped and looked up at the moon in the sky. "The stories state that she split her soul into two, allowing one half for the vampire and the other for the shifter, right?" Caius asked Anna who nodded in confusion. "That's the stories that spread, the ones written by Magnolia's twin sister, Nadia who envied her sister and her power," Caius told Anna who sighed, the missing parts of the journal made sense.