2.6 | Grandma Rose

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

After spending a week with the pack, the elders hadn't found any answers about Della Freya and her connection to Annabeth Swan. And so, with a backpack resting on her back and a helmet on her head, Annabeth made her way out of Forks on her fixed motorbike. She had decided that the best choice would be to visit Charlie's mother, Rosemary Swan. Grandma Rose lived out in the woods where she could be close with nature, she had always been an eccentric person that not many people were willing to be around but she was a woman that Anna deeply admired despite the rare visits.

She had no idea what answers she would find but she hoped that Grandma Rose had the right ones. Her smile was infectious as the older woman stepped out of her cabin that was covered in moss, vines and boho decorations. "Now how on earth did you convince my son to let you ride that gorgeous bike?" Grandma Rose asked making Annabeth laugh as she removed her helmet. "Billy Black," Annabeth replied to the older woman who laughed. "Oh, little Billy always knew how to mess with Charles. Now come here, dear," Grandma Rose opened her arms for her granddaughter, the blonde instantly accepted the embrace.

"Oh, my sweet little Annie... you've been through the ringer recently, huh? Vampire mate, shifter imprint and now..." Grandma Rose sighed as she pulled away, placing her hands on either side of Annabeth's face. "Don't you worry, dear. You'll find what you need," Grandma Rose added before leading Anna into the house. The familiar smell of cookies, wool and sage hit Anna like a wave of calm that felt familiar yet distant. "I was worried when I first heard your mother gave birth to twins, it had skipped generations and yet, there you were alongside Isabella and I feared what that could mean," Grandma Rose began knowing why her granddaughter had come to visit.

"But when I saw you both had fallen in love with vampires, I knew that it couldn't be an accident," Grandma Rose smiled with a slight laugh as she sat down, Anna moving to sit on the couch. "And how was it that you knew?" Anna asked with a sly smirk on her face, her eyes widened as a familiar black cat strutted into the room and jumped up onto the arm of Grandma Rose's chair. "Because witches are well versed with knowledge and nature is always watching," Azazel ─ Grandma Rose's cat ─ spoke as he watched Annabeth. "Nature's always watching, huh?" Anna asked with a raised brow, her smile widened as Grandma Rose held her hand out causing a dead Jasmine to grow in the pot resting on the table.

"I am a Nature Witch. My power stems from the earth and I use it to protect it," Grandma Rose spoke as she ran her fingers through Azazel's fur. "And 'cause Familiar's choose their witches, I had Azazel appear on my doorstep when I reached the age of maturity at eighteen," Grandma Rose continued before reaching for Anna's hand, the blonde accepting. "And you, my little Annie, have reached eighteen and I can feel the powers. Do you know the story of Della Freya?" Grandma Rose asked as she patted Anna's hand, letting go before standing up and approaching her bookshelves. "I know what Sam Uley told me based on the Tribes stories," Anna answered her.