2.3 | Day By Day

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

Annabeth stretched her arms out, and a few clicks and cracks sounded as her thighs ached, a smile on her face as the memories of the intimacy between her and Jasper flashed through her mind. "Jasper?" Annabeth spoke softly as she looked around for the Southern vampire, she noticed he wasn't nearby and assumed he was talking with Carlisle about Bella's incident last night.

Annabeth pulled the sheet around her as she padded her way to the bathroom, turning the shower on to soothe her aching limbs. She closed her eyes as she let the hot water drip down her body, she ran her fingers through her hair letting the memories of the night before replay over and over again. It was her first time and was everything she'd dreamed it to be, she ran her fingers across her side before wincing slightly at the light bruises on her fair skin but that didn't deter her smile.

Wrapping the towel around herself, she turned the shower off and stepped out before facing the mirror where her smiling reflection looked back at her. "I hurt you," Jasper's voice was laced with remorse. "I barely feel it... I'm certain that if bruises showed on your porcelain skin, you'd be sporting a few," Annabeth teased bringing a smile to Jasper's face. "You won't even let me feel remorse, darlin'," Jasper whispered as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"You don't need to feel remorse. You'd be surprised by the number of couples who leave marks on each other," Annabeth assured her Southern charmer, placing a gentle kiss on his cheek as he turned her around. "Get dressed... I need to talk to you," Jasper told her, a sudden frown resting upon his face. "Okay..." Annabeth answered before she kissed him, the vampire deepened the kiss almost as though it might be their last. "Meet me outside," Jasper said softly before he left the room.

Annabeth pulled on some jeans and one of Jasper's sweatshirts before slipping on her vans. She made her way down the stairs, tying her hair back in the process before Rosalie suddenly hugged her. "Woah, Rose. I'm not going anywhere," Annabeth assured the blonde vampire who only tightened her hold slightly before letting go. "I know but... I just want to embrace the moments we have," Rosalie told her before she was pulled away by Emmett.

"Where's Edward? I wanna annoy him later," Annabeth asked the family, they laughed at her comment before frowning. "He's with Bella," Esme informed the blonde before she lead Rosalie and Emmett out of the room. "Oh-kay," Annabeth breathed out before making her way outside where Jasper was standing with his back. "All right, what is going on?" Annabeth asked Jasper, he held his hand out to her, to which she hesitantly accepted.

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

Jasper and Annabeth stopped at their favourite spot in the forest, the cliff edge before the reservation. Jasper let go of Annabeth's hand before focusing his pained attention on the cliff edge while Annabeth tried to understand why Jasper and his family had been acting so strange. "We're leaving Forks," Jasper suddenly said pulling Annabeth from her thoughts. "Wait, what?" Anna asked as she stepped closer to the man she loved.