1.5 | Second Impressions

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

While Bella had planned to confront Edward about his rude actions - encouraged by her younger sister - Anna had the plan to introduce herself formally to Jasper. She didn't know what it was about him but she felt this spark, something so foreign yet so familiar and every part of her was pleading to be in his presence again.

However, when Bella and Anna arrived at school the next day - neither were in class leaving Bella and Anna confused. The twins weren't sure what to make of it, they had many theories and no answers leaving them unsure about the entire situation. While Bella focused on her textbooks for class, Anna felt a strange hole within her chest without Jasper being around.

More days passed - but no shows which only concerned Anna and confused Bella. And while their new friends were great at distracting the twins - they found themselves missing the silent brooding foster siblings despite the distance in their close vicinity. Anna had been having more frequent zone outs which began to concern Bella and their friends.

But Anna assured them it was fine, she wasn't necessarily bothered by the strange moments as her journal became full of random distant thoughts and drawings. Anna had promised them that if she felt overwhelmed that she'd tell them straight away which eased all of them. Especially Tyler who had practically become Anna's best friend due to their matching bubbly personalities, the older boy was beyond worried about her - secretly hoping Jasper would show up to ease her.

The two consistently teased Mike due to his clear crush on Bella despite the brunette Swan ignoring - or oblivious - to his flirting attempts. It was always amusing to them because they knew Jessica had a thing for Mike which often left the perky little brunette salty about Mike's attention focused on Bella. Tyler and Anna even had a bet for when Mike and Jessica would get together - the two certain it would be around prom.

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

Anna laughed as Bella slipped on the ice by the steps, Charlie quickly moved to help her out after he pulled the ute into the driveway. "You alright?" Charlie asked as Anna calmed down from laughing. "Yeah, I'm good. Ice doesn't really help the uncoordinated," Bella told him once she was stable, sending a glare to Anna who was still muffling a laugh.

"Yeah. That's why I had some new tires put on the truck. Old ones were getting pretty bald," Charlie told her as Anna linked her arm with Bella's. "Thanks, Dad," Anna replied, her bright smile easing the awkward tension. "Well, I'll probably be late for dinner. I gotta head down to Mason County," Charlie informed them as they got into the car, Bella's door opened so Charlie could talk to them.

"What happened?" Anna asked straight away, leaning over her sister. "A security guard at the Grisham Mill got killed by some kind of animal," Charlie answered her. "An animal?" Bella asked him with a raised brow. "You're not in Phoenix anymore, Bells. Anyway, I figured I'd lend a hand," Charlie told them. "Be careful," The twins told him in unison bringing a smile to his face. "Always am," Charlie told them before letting them leave for school.