1.2 | The Cullens

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

The first day of school was something that Bella wasn't eager for but Anna was. It wasn't school itself that Anna enjoyed, it was meeting new people with different personalities because she was always good at reading people. She was great with people because she always had this bright aura around her.

"Okay, how does this sound?" Anna asked Bella who nodded as a motion for her to continue. "To love is not to possess the other person or to consume all their attention and love. To love is to offer the person joy and a balm for their suffering. Love is an offering," Anna read out from her journal with a smooth tone like a Shakespearean actor under a spotlight — her crowd of thousands, just one.

"Uh, wow... Anna, that, uh, is beautiful," Bella breathed out practically speechless by her poetic words. "It's just something I've been working on after my last therapy session with Mrs Babcock in Arizona — which I'm glad I no longer have to see," Anna pointed out as they pulled into the school's parking lot.

"I can't believe we are starting school in the middle of the semester," Bella muttered to her sister before pulling roughly into the park. "Welp... at least we're together, right?" Anna asked raising her pinkie, Bella smiled before interlocking their pinkies with a slow breath.

They made their way out of the ute — everyone's eyes focused on the new faces in the small town of Forks — before linking their pinkies together out of slight nerves. "Nice ride," A guy called out to Bella, the brunette smiled awkwardly, "Thanks." Anna smiled happily at the guy before the twins walked off.

"You're Isabella and Annabeth Swan, the new girls," An Asian guy spoke as he approached them with a wide welcoming smile. "We prefer Anna and Bella," Anna corrected happily, receiving a grateful smile from Bella. Before the twins looked back at the teenage boy greeting them.

"Hi, I'm Eric, the eyes and ears of this place. Anything you two need, tour guide, lunch date, shoulder to cry on?" Eric offered before sending a flirtatious smile towards them. "I'm really kind of the more suffer-in-silence type," Bella told him anxiously. "While I'm more open to options," Anna answered with a wink that only made Eric's smile widen.

"Good headline for your feature. I'm on the paper, and you're news, baby, front page," Eric told them excitedly but Anna noticed the anxious look on Bella's face. "That's awfully kind of you but, uh, we don't want the feature," Anna told him with a smile as she linked her arm with Bella's, the brunette smiling at her sister gratefully.

"Chillax. No feature," Eric stated after noticing the anxious look on Bella's face due to Anna's words. "Okay, thanks," Bella told him before looking down. "Can you show us to the office?" Anna asked Eric, she enjoyed his enthusiasm. "It'd be a pleasure," Eric told her before he rambled on about the paper as he lead them to the office.

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

"Gym!?" Bella shrieked at her sister as they walked towards the gym — which Eric thankfully gave them directions to. "I know... It's a crappy first class but it's better than having math or science, 'cause we can awaken our mind," Anna assured her with a smile as she tied her hair back out of her face.