4.6 | Labour

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

"He accepted my choice," Bella told Anna who smiled, the sisters were spending time looking at baby clothes and things for the nursery. "That's good to hear, Bells," Anna replied to her older sister, the two had just been visited by Charlie who had been stunned by the news about Bella but respected her decision despite the fear in his eyes; Anna convincing him the same way she had convinced everyone else. "Honestly, what would we have all done without you?" Bella asked Anna who grinned. "You'll never have to find out," Anna assured her older twin sister before they focused back on the cute outfits on the laptop screen.

Meanwhile, Jasper, Colton, Emmett, Carlisle and Esme had headed off to feed as the pack had ruined the hunting grounds prior to standing down due to Annabeth's warning. This left Edward, Rosalie and Alice with the twins without a clue when Bella would go into labour. Thanks to Jacob, they had learned that the baby was craving blood and they were all relieved to see Bella's body and skin become healthier thanks to her new blood diet. Jacob made his way into the room with Edward following, Anna smiled up at the two before she looked at Bella with a pointed look.

"I decided on a name," Bella told them, Jacob raised a brow at that while Anna grinned; she liked the unique name. "I was playing around with our mom's names. Renée and Esme. And I was thinking... Renesme," Bella explained to Edward and Jacob, the latter was a little unsure but Edward smiled fondly. "You're certain it's a girl?" Jacob asked them. "I saw her, Jake. She's beautiful but Bella did choose a name for a boy in case my vision was wrong," Anna said before nodding to Bella who smiled. "If it's a boy, EJ. Edward Jacob," Bella told him making Anna laugh as she shook her head fondly while Jacob nodded slightly.

Anna felt an uncomfortable pit in her stomach, she watched as Bella reached for her drink before suddenly, time seemed to slow down for Annabeth as a crack sounded throughout the small space. "Bella!" Anna shouted as she reached to grab her sister safely, her touch sent a wave of warmth through Bella as Anna used her energy to heal Bella enough. "She's going into labour!" Anna told Edward, he rushed over and lifted her up before taking her into Carlisle's office that had been set up for this exact situation. "Rosalie, pass the morphine!" Edward instructed his sister while Anna held her sister's hand, she was using what energy she could to ease her sister but she felt herself draining quicker due to her not feeding enough.

Alice was on the phone to Carlisle who was working on making his way back as quick as he could. "Carlisle said the placenta must have detached," Alice informs Edward who injects Bella with the morphine. "He's coming as fast as he can, but..." Alice was cut off by Rosalie, "We'll have to do it." Anna was hesitant but she knew Bella's only chance of survival was doing it this way. "Edward," Anna spoke sternly gaining his attention, "I'm gonna focus on keeping her heart going, you focus on saving my niece. Is that understood?" Edward nodded before watching Anna's eyes overlap grey before she closed them and tightened her grip on Bella's hand to focus on keeping her heart alive.