😬Chap.25: Truth 😬

While Ireshi was taking a nap, my parents took the opportunity to have that talk they mentioned when they first arrived and for some kind of reason, I was worried

My father with crossed arms asked to Jisoo who was talking for the both of us «So, you are not married to my Lalisa correct?»
Jisoo nodded «But there are indeed feelings between us.»
My father just stared suspiciously, my mother asking me «Is it true Lalisa? Is she a good person? Can she be trusted? Are you planning on developing this relationship or whatever you have? You are 7 years apart.»
I bit my lower lip and looked down, playing with Jisoo's hand who was in my hands «Well, she seems good... If she wanted to hurt me she had countless of times... But she never did. And she takes good care of us. Ireshi really likes her too... She even calls her mama. It did bother me initially, it still does a little... But she's good. I can't say for sure that I fully trust her but, I trust her a little. And yes, I know she's 7 years older, but, uhm» I blushed «I like her... I wouldn't mind having more with her...»
My mother sighed «As long as you're sure, I will support. But if you want this, you need to take it seriously. And you Jisoo, we won't entrust our daughter and granddaughter that easily to you. Show us you really love and care for them. Genuinely. Show us you mean no harm.»

I looked at Jisoo, worried she might feel under pressure, but she looked completely at ease. Confidently holding my parents stern gazes.

«You don't have to worry. I don't throw the world liking or loving around that easily. Just like Lili said, if I wanted to hurt them, I could've. And she wouldn't have contacted you. I've seen her naked, I touched her body, I've taken care of her, of both of them, without any malice. I completely respect them and their wishes. I really grew attached to them and I'd love nothing more than to have a family with them.»
I blushed and asked her now letting her hand go and moving away «You'd like for us to be a family? Really?»

I wasn't going to lie, the idea excited me a little, but mainly scared me.
Ever since I was little I always wished to have a family of my own in the future with lots of kids and love. I wanted the beautiful marriage my parents had. I wanted the lifetime lasting marriage my grandparents had. I wanted what they had. I wanted it for me. And for Ireshi since I had her. It was my little dream.
I thought I'd have that with Seungyoon. But instead of taking me closer to it, it only made it seem an illusion, taking me further and further away. As my vision of love and relationships slowly distorted into this horrible, traumatic, painful thing that should be avoided like a plague. I craved a relationship, a stable relationship, with sincere love, but at the same time I was terrified and wanted to stay away from it as much as I could.
But now, now there was this woman Kim Jisoo. Who made me feel so loved and cared for. Who loved my daughter. Who respected us. Who was there no matter what. Who gave us a home, food, clean clothes, medical attention, a psychological support, education for Ireshi, a job. She gave us everything we needed and would have continued giving us everything we could have wanted. She seemed perfect.

Jisoo raised an eyebrow at my sudden distancing from her «Yes. I do. You should know it by now.» she moved back closer to me, placing a hand on my thigh making me straighten up and get a little anxious, then she asked me in a tone so only I could hear, getting closer to my ear «Are you okay? Perhaps we need to talk later.»
I took in a tense, shaky breath and nodded «Okay.»