👑Chap.5: The Pretty Princess In Shining Armor 👑

I was about to enter the Open Arms Shelter to check if the problems they've previously mentioned were taken care of, when suddenly I felt a pull on my skirt, my hands quickly flying to make sure I didn't lose it

I was about to enter the Open Arms Shelter to check if the problems they've previously mentioned were taken care of, when suddenly I felt a pull on my skirt, my hands quickly flying to make sure I didn't lose it. I looked down and saw a little girl. I crouched to her level and smiling said «Hello pretty girl, are you alone? What's your name? Where's your mom?»
She blinked and said pointing to herself «Baby is Ireshi. Mommy sleeping.»
I furrowed my eyebrows «She's... Sleeping??»
The little girl nodded and accidentally grabbing my boob pulled me as I whined and grabbed her hand in mine «Hey! Watch your hands!»
«Come come! Mommy sleeping and, and blood! Mommy have period maybe?»
I wasn't sure what she wanted to say, but hearing the word blood, I preferred to follow her and check the situation. I told one my security guards to come with me as Ireshi pulled me towards the parking lot. When we got there she ran towards a woman on the floor saying «Mommy! Mommy! Wakey wakey! Ireshi is scared!»
I quickened my pace and kneeled beside the woman, turning her around and placing her head on my lap, quickly taking notice of the blood coming out her mouth, her pale, bruised skin and very petite figure.

I looked at my guard «Help me get her to the car. I'll take the little girl. We'll be faster than an ambulance.»
He nodded and carefully took the women princess style, while I took the little girl in my arms who obviously had no idea of what was going on. We pretty much ran to my car and off we went.

Once we reached the hospital the little girl must have guessed something was wrong with her mother, because she started crying and calling for her mom. I tried my best to comfort her, telling her her mommy would have been alright. But she seemed out of control.

We quickly took her mother inside and explained the situation, once she was out of sight with the doctors, Ireshi seemed to completely lose it; kicking, screaming, crying, calling for her mom, trying to free herself from me.

«Hey, hey, calm down. Mommy's with the doctors, they will fix her. She'll be alright but we need to let them work.» I tried to explain as she shook her head
«No! Men bad! Men bad! Mommy says men bad! Doctor men bad! Mommy danger!»
I made her jump a little in my arms, still trying to calm her down «No honey, don't worry. The doctors won't do anything to your mommy or else they'll have to deal with the Kim family. And trust me, no one wants to deal with us.»
She sniffed and threw her arms around me, hiding her face in my neck crying loudly as I gently patted her back and softly shushed her.

---

Ireshi was now asleep in my arms as I was talking to a doctor about the woman's conditions «So, she's severely malnourished and underweight. She has a high fever and a bad cough which leads to the reason she was coughing blood; she has bacterial pneumonia. She will require a hospital stay. Her symptoms are pretty severe as her body is in terrible conditions and too weak to fight it.»
I inquired «Isn't pneumonia something that goes away on it's own?»
He nodded «If it's a viral pneumonia. But the bacterial needs to be treated with antibiotics and we need to keep her under supervision. Since she's in bad conditions and we have no informations about her.»
I nodded «I understand. Please give her your best treatment, she's a mom and can't leave her child alone.»
«There's no father?»
I shrugged «I don't know. I've just met them when I rescued her. But I highly doubt based on the reaction the little girl had for men.»
He nodded «Understood. Anyway, you may see her now although she's asleep. Pneumonia itself isn't actually contagious, but the bacteria and viruses that cause it are. The bacteria that most commonly causes pneumonia can be spread from person to person by touching infected surfaces or through coughing and sneezing. So my advice is to keep some distances, but since I know a child can't stay much away from her mother, you should be careful, perhaps make both mother and child keep a mask... Now, I'll let you inside. If you need anything call any nurse and they'll be there.»
I nodded «Thanks.»