👩‍👩‍👧Chap.18: Shutdown👩‍👩‍👧

After not even concluding the first day of work, Lisa was defeated, to say the least

When Jisoo back in the company's bathroom was able to calm her down, they went home and Lalisa immediately went into her room only to get in bed and never leaving it. This time not even to care about her daughter, feeling like she was just a bad mother, with no purpose and with no one needing her. Even if Ireshi searched for her mother, she just had no response. It was as if Lisa was in some sort of coma.

It has now been a week, in which Lisa barely survived through, thanks to Jisoo. She was so out of sorts that the Korean had to resort to IV fluid to keep her from dying. The Thai didn't eat nor drink, she was at such a low point that she barely got herself out of the bed to use the bathroom, to which Jisoo resolved by the use of diapers.

Jisoo knew Lalisa would have probably felt degraded by it, especially if she came out of whatever head space she was in. But that was definitely not her intention. She just wanted to give the Thai the best care she could give if she didn't collaborate. If she was in Lisa's place, she'd probably prefer regularly changed diapers than sleeping in her own body stuff.

Jisoo honestly didn't really know how to behave never having seen Lalisa, or anyone really, in such state. Especially when she didn't even know what caused it. It was also extra weird how someone who seemed to always push through everything so strongly could break in such way. And how Lisa could just leave her child. Sure, the Korean took care of Ireshi, but the kid needed her mother.

Minzy of course got extra involved and, although Jisoo wasn't fond of breaking her promise to Lisa of not sharing what she was told, the therapist was able to conclude with the new informations that a possible reason for this breakdown was Lalisa's always suppressed and never addressed traumas. That most likely she kept pushing through because of Ireshi and that, obviously, seeing that her daughter were her last thoughts before her shutdown, Minzy guessed that something negative related to their relationship must have triggered the shutdown as a coping mechanism.

«I want mommy!!!» Ireshi yelled crying loudly «MOMMY! MOMMY! I'M SORRY! MOMMY! MOMMY I NEED YOU! I NEED MY MOMMY!» Jisoo wanted to celebrate the fact that Ireshi didn't spoke completely in third person but she was too occupied in trying to take care of a baby with no previous experience.

How can Lisa manage such tiny menace? I'm so done and she's been under my care for like 3 days!

«Hey princess, listen, your mommy is going through a reeeeaaally hard time. She needs you to be strong and let her heal. You can cry here with me and do whatever you need to do, but your mommy can't have you acting like this. I do understand you miss her. I miss her too, but she needs some time. Me and Minzy will help her, promise.»
Ireshi cried and hugged Jisoo «Mama Soo!» my eyes widened and I gasped.

She did not just call me that!?!

Jisoo wasn't sure if she should have said anything, so she hugged her and said carefully «Ireshi, sweetie, I'm not your mama. I'm not married to Lisa and I don't think she'd like you to call me that.»