Chapter Seventy-Eight: Captive

It had only been a few hours, but all the ghouls were now sweating in the room. Sodo had managed to find the door, hitting his fist against it hard as he said, "We need food and water! We have a pregnant lady here, she needs to eat!"

Just then, the door slammed open. Men swarmed in, three of them grabbing a ghoul each. Cirrus, Cumulus, Aeris, Mountain, and Sodo were all chained so their arms were above their head. Ember and Ifrit were left with having their hands chained behind their backs, attached to the wall. The three who grabbed Rain then said, "You were a water ghoul, correct?"

Rain's chest rose and fell in anxiety as they dragged him out of the room, leaving everyone calling out after him in worry. They slammed the door shut, bringing Rain down the hallway into another room. Inside was a barrel of water. His eyes widened as he realized what was going to happen. He started to struggle against the hold of the men saying, "Let me go!"

"You must know of the dangers of water, yes?" One of the men said, a smirk on their face. Rain's eyes widened as he felt his head get dunked under the water, making him start trying to flail so they would let him go. Usually, he would be able to hold his breath for hours. But he was human right now. It wasn't an option. They kept holding his head underwater, just until he inhaled some. They then pulled his head out, making him violently cough. The man said, "Didn't think your own element would hurt you so bad, did you?"

"Fuck off," Rain told them. His response was countered by his head getting dunked under the water once again. They kept him under for longer than before. His vision started to go dark, just for them to pull his head out once again, making him cough again, water coming out from his lungs. The men all laughed, "Look how weak he is without his abilities."

They didn't even let Rain stop coughing before they put his head under once again. Rain could feel his lungs filling with water. The water was making his lungs scream. It wasn't long until he finally passed out. He went limp in their arms. They took him out of the water, laughing at how easy it was to drown him.

They ended up putting him into a clear box filled with water, leaving him submerged underneath it before wheeling it into the room with the others. Sunshine was the first to react, "Rain!"

The men told them, "We will return shortly for the next one."

"You fucker!" Sodo exclaimed, pulling against his restraints. One of the men got into his face as he said, "If you're not careful, you'll get worse. Do you want that?"

Sodo simply glared at the man in response. They all then left the room, leaving them all in silence. Ember had tears running down her cheeks seeing her best friend under the water, not knowing if he was alive or if he'd make it. Sunshine looked over at her and said softly, "He's still alive."

"But for how much longer?" Ember asked. Ifrit told her, "We will get out of these restraints. We can save him. It shouldn't be too late. Sunshine's still alive, he's still okay."

"They used water against him," Aeris said, sweat dripping down his face, "They might be using our elements against us."

"Fuck," Sodo said, "Fire is gonna be a fucking bitch then."

"We can't let Ember get any of this. Not if we want the kit to survive," Ifrit said. Sodo told him, "They aren't giving us water or food either. Who knows if the kit will survive this either way."

"Don't think like that," Ember scolded Sodo, "He will be fine. I doubt we will be here long. Copia is on the way, Aether knows we're missing by now, we will be fine. All of us."

Sodo simply responded by pulling at his restraints once again. It was pissing him off that he couldn'tt do anything. Rain was drowning right in front of them and they couldn't help. It pissed him off that he didn't have his usual strength. That he couldn't use his abilities. But what he hated the most was that he had put Ember in danger again by allowing her to come along with them.