Chapter Fifty-Nine: On The Mend

A month later

Cumulus had started an orphanage, bringing in all the kits who had lost their parents during the war. Sunshine was finally starting to show more of her pregnancy and was absolutely glowing. Sodo and Ember were finally able to spend time together without being interrupted. Lilith was almost all better from her wounds from the war. Ifrit was there during all of her healing sessions. His arm was all better now as well, he was starting to try to play his guitar again. Aether was busy trying to teach Aeris guitar while the smaller ghoul taught Aether piano. The only ones having issues were Swiss and Mountain.

Mountain still had PTSD from when he was tortured during the war. Any movement behind him made him jump. He nearly attacked Swiss one say when he came up behind him and touched his shoulder. The poor multi-ghoul had to comfort the earth ghoul as he broke down in tears, apologizing profusely to Swiss.

The only thing Swiss knew about was the PTSD. Mountain never told him about the voice he would hear in his head. He thought that if the trauma went away, the voice would too. So he just dealt with it. But all the ignoring was making the demon inside of him angry. It hated that Mountain wouldn't do its bidding. Mountain knew that one day the demon might just snap and take over. He dreaded that day.

Today, Swiss had insisted he and Mountain go do something together, something to celebrate surviving the war. Mountain had been very weary about leaving the safety of his or Swiss' room, not wanting to accidentally hurt anyone. But, with Swiss' puppy dog eyes, he couldn't resist. Of course, Swiss made sure it was something calm and easy, nothing that may trigger his PTSD. He had taken his mate to his own greenhouse. Swiss knew how much Mountain loved the greenhouse, how he would come down here to relax before. It had been destroyed during the war but Swiss had worked hard with everyone to build it once again, using his limited knowledge with his earth ghoul abilities to bring plants to life inside and keep them alive and healthy.

Just before the greenhouse came into view, Swiss told Mountain, "Close your eyes. Where I'm taking you is a surprise. There won't be any jumpscares, I promise. It's just me and you."

Mountain sighed but nodded, closing his eyes. Swiss spoke behind him, "I'm gonna lead you, okay? I'm gonna put my hands on your arms and lead you where we're going."

Mountain was grateful that Swiss was so supportive with his trauma, making sure he was comfortable, letting him know where he was when it was dark in the room, and giving him warnings before he touches him. It made Mountain feel safe. Mountain told Swiss, "Go ahead, love. I'm okay. I trust you."

Swiss smiled softly and held Mountain's arm, leading him into the greenhouse, saying, "There's a small step, careful."

Swiss then silently shut the door behind them, leading Mountain into the middle of the greenhouse saying, "Open your eyes."

Mountain slowly opened his eyes and gasped at the sight of all the plants around him. He looked around and asked, "Did you do this?"

"Yeah, I mean, me and everyone else helped rebuild it all and I got the plants put together and I kept them alive until I felt it was good enough to bring you," Swiss rambled. Mountain couldn't help himself as he grabbed Swiss' face smashing their lips together. Swiss' hands immediately went to Mountain's waist as he held him close, returning the kiss. When Mountain pulled away he said, "Thank you. I love it. It's perfect."

Swiss smiled softly and said, "I know my earth abilities aren't as strong as yours, but I definitely tried my best to make everything at least similar to how it was before."

Mountain told his mate, "Swiss, shut up. I told you it's perfect."

Mountain then heard a pot fall over behind him, making him jump and turn around quickly, vines flying toward the danger. Swiss was the first to register what it was, using his special multi power to stop the vines and say, "Mountain, it's just a kit."