Chapter Thirty-Seven: Confessions

"Rain!" Sunshine yelled, in hopes of distracting her mate as they played Mario Kart. Rain just laughed as he won yet another game. Sunshine pouted, crossing her arms over her chest as she said, "That's not fair."

"Sunny, it is fair. Just admit I'm better," Rain told her, leaning back against his bed. Sunshine simply huffed, making Rain sigh, "I guess you leave me no choice."

She tried to get away from him, just for him to grab her hips, pulling her towards him, and start tickling her sides, making her burst out laughing. Rain had a smile on his face hearing her laugh, soon stopping as he hovered over her. Sunshine just looked up at him and said, "You're still a cheat."

"I do not cheat," Rain says, "If anything you are. Your constant yelling at me to try to distract me, that's cheating."

"You can at least let me win at some point. Be nice," Sunshine told him. Rain chuckled, "But your rage quitting is so cute."

Sunshine pouted in response, making Rain lean down and press a sweet kiss to her lips. Sunshine looked over at the clock and gasped, "We missed dinner."

Rain looked up and saw that it was nearly 1:30 in the morning. He chuckled, "I mean, we did play a lot of Mario Kart."

"Shut up, I'm hungry. And I know you are too. Come on, I'll make us something," Sunshine said. Rain moved off of her, standing up before offering his hand to help her up. They both silently moved out of the bedroom, giggling like little kids as they ran hand-in-hand to the kitchen. Once they were inside, Rain leaned against the counter while Sunshine started to gather ingredients for the food she was gonna make. The water ghoul watched her, saying, "So you're sure you don't want pancakes?"

"Rainbow, I can't have pancakes every meal," Sunshine said. Rain shrugged, "I don't see why not."

Sunshine giggled and glanced at him, "You need to get on a healthier diet, love."

"I can put fruit in the pancakes. There's strawberry pancakes, Blueberry pancakes, banana pancakes, apple pancakes, I have options," Rain argued. Sunshine rolled her eyes at the ghoul, making Rain's jaw drop, "Did you just roll your eyes at me?"

"I did not," Sunshine responded, a sly smile on her face as she got up some bell peppers. Rain took a step closer and said, "You did!"

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Sunshine shot back, the smile growing. Rain pointed at her, "You totally did, you brat!"

"And what if I did?" Sunshine asked, glancing at him. He wrapped his arms around her waist, watching her cut up the vegetables as he said, "Well, sounds like you need to be punished."

"In what way?" Sunshine asked. Rain brought his mouth close to her ear, saying in a low voice, "I'm sure you know exactly what way I'm talking about, brat."

Sunshine shut up immediately, going back to preparing the food, a bright red blush on her face. Rain just smirked and kept holding her until she had to move to actually start cooking. He leaned back against the counter, resting his hands on the edge as he watched as she threw together the ingredients into a pan, seasoning it by eye. He looked behind him and saw the jar of flour and he smirked, opening it up silently and grabbing a handful.

"Hey, Sunny?" He said. She hummed in response, focused on the cooking. "C'mere."

"Hold on, love, I'm almost done," She said, stirring around the food. Once she was done, she turned odd the stove, turning to face Rain, "What's up?"

He waved her over, making her slowly make her way over. He wrapped an arm around her waist, holding her close as he said, "You know I love you, right?"

"I love you too, Rainbow," She said smiling. His smile turned mischievous as he started to sprinkle the flour over her. She soon noticed, trying to get away, just ended up bumping his arm and having a handful of flour land on her head. Rain's jaw dropped as she froze. Her mate soon started laughing as he said, "That wasn't supposed to happen."