Chapter Thirty-One: Broken Peace

"No," Ember mumbled to herself as she looked at the stick in her hand, "No, there's no way."

She put it down on the counter, and walked away, running her hands through her hair before returning and looking at it again. It still looked the same. That stupid little plus sign. Ember felt the tears build in her eyes as she muttered, "Fuck."

Her left hand hovered over her stomach in disbelief. It wasn't that she was unhappy, no, her heart was racing with joy. She was more worried about the growing kit in her stomach. Copia had just announced that they were going to go on tour. A tour that would last for a year. Did she really want to stress her body out and risk losing the kit? Would she even be able to play with the band when her belly started to grow? Not only that, but did she want the first few months of the kit's life to be on the road? Living in a bunk? She felt a tear run down her cheek as a knock ran at the door, making her jump.

"Ember? You okay?" It was just Sunshine. She forgot the ghoulette was waiting outside the door. Waiting to hear the results of the test. Ember responded, "Are you still alone?"

"Yeah, I told you I wouldn't let anyone in. Sodo came by looking for you once, I just told him that I was cleaning your room for you and that I didn't know where you were. I don't know why he believed it, but he did. I promise I'm still alone," Sunshine told her from the other side of the door. Ember took a deep breath, opening the one thing that was holding her back from saying it out loud. Sunshine immediately saw the tears on her face and asked, "Was it negative?"

Ember felt her bottom lip quiver as she shook her head. Sunshine asked quietly, "Positive?"

Ember let out a small sob, covering her mouth with her hand as she nodded. Sunshine quickly took her into her arms, letting the fire ghoulette cry into her shoulder. She had confided in Sunshine when she started to suspect her pregnancy last week. She was constantly running hotter than normal, but since she was still getting over getting sick, Sodo thought it was just her body overworking itself to get it back to normal. Emver had gone to Sunshine because she felt she would've had better advice for what to do since she was the only other female with a male mate. She told the ghoulette all of her worries and fears. It was when Ember had rushed away from game night the other day that Sunshine had followed her, telling Sodo that Ember might've been having a womanly issue. Sunshine had found Ember in the bathroom, throwing up into the toilet. That was when she suggested Ember take a test.

"It'll be okay, Ember. We'll figure it out. I know we will," Sunshine comforted her friend. Ember cried, "If it were at any other time I'd be rushing to tell him. We're going on tour and all I can think about is how it'll affect the kit."

"And that's all completely normal. Of course, you'd be worried about the kit. But I think you should tell him sooner rather than later. Come up with some sort of plan. He would just want the best for you. For you and his kit," Sunshine told her. Ember pulled out of the hug, drying her teats as she said, "I'll tell him tonight. After the party. I don't want him to worry tonight."

Swiss, of course, decided to host a party for the entire church to celebrate the upcoming tour. Sunshine just sighed and said, "Everyone's gonna expect you to drink. You usually do at these parties."

"Well, since you know, just switch out my drinks with juice. Simple," Emver told her. Sunshine sighed, but obliged, "Fine. But you better tell him after the party. He should know."

"I promise I will," Ember told her. They soon started to get ready for the party, heading down to the dining area where the party was being held. Sodo was quick to attach himself to his mate's hit, planting a kiss on her cheek, "You look stunning, baby. You're absolutely glowing."

Ember glanced down at her simple ripped black skinny jeans and torn red tank top, revealing the black tank top she had layered underneath. She shrugged, "It's nothing too special."