Chapter Sixty-Nine: Torture

Swiss had been there for 2 days now, not that he could tell. He couldn't see the sun from the room he was in. He just assumed with how often people changed out their posts to watch him, taking turns torturing him, that it had been 2 days. His assumption being based on the fact he had seen every person at least twice. Or maybe three times. He couldn't remember.

The door opened from the room above, footsteps walking down the stairs as he looked up, seeing Mountain standing there. A small smile covered his face as he said, "Mounty. You found me."

"I'll always find you, Sunflower," Mountain said, walking closer. Swiss asked, "What did you do with everyone?"

"I killed them. For you," Mountain told him. Swiss let out a breath as he asked, "So we're safe?"

"We're safe," Mountain assured him walking closer. Swiss asked him, "Shadow found you okay?"

"Came right up to me," Mountain said, "He's safe."

"Oh, thank Satan," Swiss said, "I don't know what I would've done if he got hurt."

"I'll always find you, Sunflower," Mountain spoke, now back at the door. Swiss looked confused, trying to walk closer, just for the chains over his head to stop him, "Mountain?"

"I killed them. For you," Mountain repeated. Swiss' eyes started flickering over Mountain's body, noticing how he walked through everything, "You're not here."

"We're safe," Mountain repeated. Swiss started to shake his head, the headache building only getting worse, "You're not real."

"Came right up to me," Mountain said, "He's safe."

"Shut up," Swiss whimpered. Mountain simply returned back to the door, "I'll always find you, Sunflower."

"Shut up," Swiss repeated louder. He clenched his eyes shut as Mountain's words repeated once again, "I'll always find you, Sunflower."

"Shut up!" Swiss yelled. He was jolted awake by holy water pouting over him, making him cry out in pain. His chest rose and fell as he thought about the dream he had. Mountain wasn't there. He wasn't there to save him.

"Alrighty, ghoul," Pastor John spoke as he noticed Swiss coming back, "I have heard reports of other ghouls in the area. I thought you were the last one."

Swiss didn't make eye contact as he said, "I am, what do I have to lose if I lie? I'm the last one, I told you!"

"Who's Mountain?" The Pastor spoke. Swiss' eyes widened as the pastor walked closer, "And Shadow?"

"Humans," He spat out, "They're human."

"Strange name for a human," Pastor John spoke. Swiss told him, "They were taken in by the church. Mountain when he was very young. He was orphaned. He had no name. No one knew anything other than element names. Shadow is new. He was brought in just last week, he knows nothing."

"You seem to care a lot about these two. What are they to you?" Pastor John asked. Swiss could feel the pain in his heart before he could even speak, "Nothing. They are nothing to me. Just simple pawns that will die before I even get much of a chance to live."

"Oh, I believe you may die before them, ghoul," Pastor John said, "I also believe you are lying."

"I'm not lying. They are human, they know nothing. They are nothing!" Swiss exclaimed. Pastor John simply laughed, "Then you wouldn't mind if we killed them, would you?"

Swiss' heart started to race as he gulped. He took a second to make sure his voice wouldn't shake as he said, "No. Kill them. They mean nothing."

John let out a sigh saying, "You really disappoint me, ghoul. You really do."