Chapter Thirteen: The Return of Sister

Going back to POV's I feel like I suck at third person lol

Ember's POV

That afternoon I woke up, still in Sodo's arms. I could feel him stroking ny hair, telling me he was awake, but I didn't want to say anything just so I could stay in his arms a while longer. Of course, that seemed to fail as Sodo spoke.

"I know you're awake, love," He said in a soft voice. I felt his lips against my head before I looked up at him. He gave me a small smile saying, "Satan, I could get used to waking up with you in my bed."

He moved my hair out of my face, placing a gentle kiss on my forehead when there was a knock on the door. Sodo sighed and called out, "What?"

"That is no way to respond to me, Ghoul," Sister Imperator spoke outside the door. My eyes widened as I quickly sat up. Sodo looked at me from the bed, telling me, "She won't do anything. I won't let her."

He slowly got off the bed, walking to the door, slipping on his mask as he unlocked it. Sister Imperator's voice came out once again, "I seem to be missing someone. Do you know where she is?"

"That's a broad question," Sodo smartly answered. I slowly got off the bed, backing away from the door as Sister Imperator said, "I have reports from the jails that you were spotted with her running out of the basement."

Sodo faked being in thought for a moment, soon answering, "Yeah, sounds familiar."

"You must have her here," Sister said. It wasn't a question, it was a statement. She knew. Sodo shrugged, "I might, what's it to you?"

"She must be sent back for breaking the rules," Sister Imperator told him. He chuckled saying, "Yeah, good luck."

"Excuse me?" She said. Sodo cleared his throat, "Oh, Sorry, I must have stuttered."

He repeated himself, speaking slowly, "I said, good luck."

"That is no way to speak to me," She said. Sodo put his hand up, "I think with what I found in your office, with the hidden information about us, I can speak to you how I please."

The information she hid about us? What was he talking about? Sister Imperator said, "You were in my office?"

I couldn't see Sodo's face, but I assumed he had a smirk on it based on how he was talking to her. She then said, "That is an invasion of privacy."

"No, you know what's an invasion of privacy? Having an entire book all about us. All about our personal lives. Complete with pictures of how we look unmasked."

"I keep that to keep tabs on all of you," She told him. I took a few steps forward, walking towards them as Sodo said, "Keep tabs or collect reasons to send us back?"

"I am the boss here, you must respect me!" She exclaimed. Her hand slapped Sodo across the face, making his head fling to the side. I felt a protective heat flow through me as I stormed up to them, putting myself in front of Sodo. Her eyes widened, noticing that I didn't have my mask on. Her eyes trailed down to the mark on my neck, her eyes flinging to mine, surprise clear in them. I told her, "Touch him again, and I will not hesitate to burn you. I don't care who you are."

Sister Imperator looked shocked at the sudden switch in attitude towards her from me, but I didn't care. No one was going to hurt Sodo while I was around, despite him being able to handle himself. Sister tried to reach out for me, probably to drag me back down to the basement, when I let my eyes flash the amber color. She quickly backed away and said, "I'm not done with the two of you. You will be dealt with."

I just glared at her as she walked away, Sodo having to pull me back into my room. Once the door closed he took off his mask, kissing me deeply.

"That was hot as hell," Sodo said, "Fuck, I might have to act weak more just to see you do that again."