Chapter Thirty-Two: Protection

"You're pregnant?" Sodo asked as he looked at the ultrasound pictures. Ember was sitting on his hospital bed, a smile on her face, "Yeah."

Sodo looked at her, his eyes glazed over as he smiled softly, "With twins?"

She nodded, biting her lip softly. She debated telling him about the third that she had lost. Before she could make up her mind, Sodo placed a hand on her belly, "My kit's are growing in there?"

"Yeah," She said. She saw a small tear run down his face as he let out a small laugh. Ember decided to just tell him, "There were three this morning though."

"What do you mean?" Sodo asked. Ember sighed, "I lost one of them after you got stabbed. I guess that stress was just enough for me to lose one."

"That's not something you could control happening, baby," Sodo told her, "We still have these two. And I will do anything and everything to make sure they're healthy and okay."

Ember smiled softly, putting her hand over Sodo's on her belly as she said, "I know you will."

"Wait, fuck, what about the tour?" Sodo asked. Ember shrugged, "I don't know. Copia planned it for the whole year. I won't be able to play for long, the bump would get in the way of me playing. Not only that but they'd be born on the road. And on a small bunk in a bus too? If it was just one, we could manage, but it's two."

"We can sleep in separate bunks then. Each with one kit," Sodo told her. She sighed, "And the shows? They can't lose both of us."

"Then we can take turns playing on stage, love," Sodo said, "We can figure it out. We have the entire band that would help out with anything too."

Ember nodded, "Yeah, that's true. I don't know, though, Sodo. I can't help but feel like somethings gonna go wrong."

"With the kits?" Ember shook her head, "With the tour. I don't know why, but I feel off about it."

"I'll be there the whole time to protect you, baby. You and the kits. You three are the most important things to me. I won't let anything happen to you," Sodo promised. Ember gave him a small smile, leaning in to kiss him. Sodo gave a small smile as he kissed her back, telling her when she pulled away, "I love you, okay?"

"I love you too," Ember told him. He moved over a little saying, "Now come here. I feel lonely in this bed and I wanna cuddle something."

Ember giggled as she situated herself next to Sodo, laying her head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around her. He asked her, "When can we find out what gender they are?"

Ember paused for a moment, "I don't know, actually. They didn't say. I didn't think to ask either. I was more excited to find out about them and see them."

Sodo shook his head chuckling, "Of course you were."

Ember smiled softly before letting out a yawn. Sodo asked, "You sleepy?"

"No," She lied, another yawn escaping her lips as she snuggled closer to her mate. Sodo moved his hand to her hair, playing with it. She hummed softly, her eyes fluttering shut as Sodo told her, "You're obviously tired, baby. Go to sleep. It'll be better for you and the kits."

When Ember didn't respond, he smiled, looking down at her. She was dead asleep already. He quietly said, "Oh, baby. What will I do with you."

Once Sodo was out of the hospital, he was told to talk it easy to make sure he didn't rip his stitches. So he was sitting on the floor playing Mario Kart with Rain while Ember lay on the couch behind them.

She soon started to get hungry, so she got up and said, "I'm gonna go to the kitchen. I'm starving."

"Baby, we're almost done, you don't wanna wait? Sodo asked. Ember shook her head, "No, I wanna eat now. Just join me when you're done."