Chapter Seventy-Six: Announcements

It had been 2 weeks since the full moon. They all had decided they wanted to get out of the church, so they got it approved by Copia for them to go on a vacation. Ember's belly was now a little bigger. She was worried about if the others would find out before she told them. She was scared that if she told them too early, it would jinx her into losing her kit.

"Baby, I promise you'll be fine. Nothing will happen. You're almost done with the first trimester. Plus, 2 people already know and they're happy for you, for us. All they want is for you to be happy and safe. We don't have to tell them now, but we're going to the beach, love. You can't just be walking around in oversized sweaters all the time. They'll think something is up," Sodo told her. Ember sighed, running her hands through her hair as she put another shirt into her bag, "I don't want to risk losing this one."

Sodo walked up to her, pulling her into his chest as he held her, "You won't lose this one. I promise. I will do everything I can to make sure you don't lose it."

Ember just wrapped her arms around his waist saying, "I'm scared."

"I know. I am too. But I'll be here the whole time. I'll make sure nothing happens," Sodo assured her. They stayed like that for a few more moments until a knock sounded at the door, "Guys, you two ready? The car's here."

Ember pulled away and said, "Yeah, we're ready. We'll be down in a second."

"Just don't get distracted," Aether joked from the other side of the door before walking away. Sodo then picked up his bag and Ember's saying, "Try to relax on this vacation? Please?"

She nodded and they both went down to where the car was, Sodo putting his and Embers in the back before closing it since they were the last ones. The ride to the airport was silent. Sodo was playing with Ember's hands nervously while Swiss and Mountain held a sleeping Shadow and Lang in their laps. Sunshine was feeding Dew, Rain sitting next to her with an arm around her shoulders. Ifrit was playing a phone game, passing it over to Lilith when he lost. Cirrus and Cumulus were reading a comic with Aeris looking over their shoulders, Aether sitting silently in the back.

It wasn't long until they made it to the airport, soon making it onto the plane. By now, Shadow and Lang were awake. Mountain and Swiss were sat next to Ember and Sodo, just across the walkway, Cirrus and Cumulus behind Swiss and Mountain, Ifrit and Lilith behind them. Behind Sodo and Ember sat Rain and Sunshine with Aeris and Aether behind them. Once the plane started to go down the runway, Sodo grabbed Embers hand tightly as he closed his eyes as he tried to calm his nerves. Shadow looked over at him and said, "What? Are you scared of the plane?"

"Fuck off," Sodo said, Swiss automatically saying, "Watch your language."

"Tell your child to lay off then," Sodo told him. Swiss responded, "He's entitled to ask questions."

"He's entitled to my foot up his- Oh, shit," Sodo said, just to be cut off by the plane going up into the air. Ember told Swiss, "You know how he gets, give him a break. Shadow, he didn't mean anything about what he said."

"Uncle Sodo is scared of planes. What a wuss," Shadow said. Mountain then chimed in, "Hey, Shadow, that isn't nice."

"He told me to fuck off!" Shadow tried to defend, just for Swiss to say, "And we don't repeat what uncle Sodo says. We talked about this."

Shadow just huffed in response, crossing his arms over his chest. Ember rubbed the back of Sodo's hand comfortingly, saying, "It shouldn't be a long flight, Sodo. You'll be okay."

Sodo's grip just tightened on her hand in response as they hit some turbulence. Ember started to send calming waves of heat through him saying, "Take deep breaths, baby. In through the nose and out through the mouth. You'll be okay. Nothing is going to happen."