38.

Alani Marie Castillo.
Oakland, CA.

It's been a whole month since the whole the Klay-Wardell break up. Neither one of them are talking to me, by the way. Wardell doesn't talk to me unless it's about the baby and it truly hurts my soul. I tried to reach out to Klay a few times but then I saw that he blocked me.

He fucking blocked me???

I mean I understand that we broke up but going as far as blocking me. Kinda sassy if you ask me.

[Flashback.]
1 month earlier.

"You need to make a choice, Lani. Now!" Klay urges, staring deep into my eyes.

Do I really have to make this choice now?This sucks because it doesn't matter who I choose, someone is going to get hurt. I looked between Klay and Wardell, then my dad. He shrugged his shoulders, letting me know he couldn't help me.

Alright, it's now or never.

"Klay." I grabbed his arm.

"Ally, seriously?" Wardell protested, looking devastated.

"Haha, hold that L bitch!" Klay triumphantly clapped his hands beside me.

"I just want to talk to him." I clarified to Wardell who seemed to calm down a bit. I left him with my dad in the foyer then dragged Klay into my home office.

"Are you gonna tell me what the fuck is going on? You invited me over here for what exactly?" He grilled me as soon as we were behind the doors of the office.

"Klay-"

"Nah, listen to me." He cuts me off. "How many times are you going to allow him to disrespect me and our relationship? He punched me in the face for God's sake and you keep smiling in this nigga's face. This shit is foul, Lani!"

"Klay-"

"I'm not finished!" He cuts me off once again. "I'm sick of him, I'm sick of all this bullshit. You belong to me now, he needs to make peace with that. Look, I know Stephen is your child's father but you need to set some boundaries. I'm the man in your life now. Its bad enough that I live in his shadow on the court now I gotta share the woman I love with him too. Fuck that! Why can't I just have something he doesn't?" Klay sighed deeply as he finished.

"Can you let me talk now?"

He nodded.

"This isn't about me anymore. It's about you trying to compete with Wardell. You and him care more about one upping each other than how I'm feeling right now. This shit is hard on me too, Klay. You think I want to be stuck between the two of you? I'm almost seven months pregnant, I don't have the energy to be dealing with this drama anymore. I'm done!"

Klay's eyes widened in shock. "So you're choosing him?" His voice becoming shaky.

"No, I'm not choosing either of you! See, this is what I'm talking about. You hear me but are you truly listening to a word I'm saying?"

Klay shakes his head and starts to frantically pace around the room.

"I'm so sorry, Klay."

"You led me on!" He muttered. "Not only that, but you cheated on me with him."

"In my defence, you knew I was pregnant with Wardell's baby. You knew there was a chance this could happen. You could've left at anytime but you chose to stay with me knowing I might still be in love with him."