37.

Wardell Stephen Curry.
Oakland, CA.

I woke up with a raging headache this morning. I didn't even drink that much yesterday, due to my rehab and shit.

Speaking of yesterday.

What my mom said kept replaying in my head. The thought of her cutting me off because I'm having a baby by Alani is upsetting. Like, it's really not that deep. This is my life. I don't see how it directly affects her. But she's my mom and she just wants the best for me. I just wished she'd trust me more. I know what I'm doing.

My actions are not a reflection of how she raised me, and as a man, I'm allowed to make mistakes. The best thing I can do is learn from them and try to be a better man going forward. For myself and everyone I love.

I mean, I did end up divorcing my ex after she threatened me. I think I can handle this life thing really well.

In other news, Alani was still asleep beside me. She looked so calm and peaceful as she slept. I still can't believe we're having a baby. 21 year old me would not believe this.

I placed my hand on her belly and felt Raelyn move at my touch.

"Raelyn, you awake? Yeah, your mom's still sleeping. Wiggle a lil bit so she can wake up too." I whispered, as if Rae could actually understand me.

Alani hates when I touch her belly. She says the baby moves too much but I think she's just jealous of the bond we have already.

A few minutes pass and I see Alani stirring. Her eyes slowly open then she glares at me when she sees where my hand is.

"You a bitch ass motherfucker!" She hissed, much to amusement.

"Morning, mama." I laughed then kissed her cheek.

"Don't be kissing on me." She shoved me away and sat up straight.

"What? You still worried about Klay?" I asked. "I thought y'all broke up."

I genuinely thought they did. He hasn't been around as much to complain that I'm spending too much time around her. But I don't give a fuck about that. I just want to get my woman back.

"Wardell, it's too early for this shit." She narrows her eyes at me before getting out of bed.

"Ally, it's only 3 months left before Raelyn gets here and you haven't made a decision yet. Clock's ticking, girl." I point at my imaginary watch.

"It's 8am and you're already on some bullshit." I watch as she walks into the bathroom. Not gonna lie, she gained some weight but clearly it's going to all the right places. Now, if she wasn't 6 months pregnant-

"Wardell." Alani snaps me out of my thoughts. "Did you hear what I just said?"

"Nah, what'd you say?"

Alani rolled her eyes. "What happened last night, fool?"

I sighed then joined her in the bathroom. "My mom low-key cut me off."

Alani freezes while holding her toothbrush in her mouth. "You okay?"

"I will be, I'm not tripping though. I'm her favourite child. She'll come around eventually." Again, Alani looked at me like I was crazy.

"Wardell, this is serious." She says sternly.

"I know."

"This is all my fault, we shouldn't have-"

"Nope." I cut her off. "Don't blame yourself. My mom had a choice. She decided not to be in my life anymore. It has nothing to do with you. She's just mad that she can't control me anymore. This is my life after all."