35.

Wardell Stephen Curry.
Oakland, CA.

The kid's first Christmas without their mother has been quite the experience. I had so explain to the girls that we'd be living separately from now on and they didn't understand it at first. I'm sure they'll get used to it eventually. They kinda don't have a choice.

Things between Ayesha and I have been good. She has been surprisingly cordial about co-parenting which I'm grateful for.

"Stephen, are y'all ready to go?" Sydel asks, peaking her head through the cracked door. "You okay?"

"Yeah, let's go." I replied, while zipping up Canon's baby bag.

"Stephen." Sydel stared at me blankly, not feeling satisfied with my answer.

"Okay, I'm freaking out." I admitted. "There's no telling how mom will react. Dad and Seth might be disappointed. I don't want them to look at me differently. I don't know. This is tough."

"Look, they might not accept it at first but they'll have to get used to it. We're family, it's not like they'll just cut you off. Don't worry, I'll be here for you and Lani. So stop stressing." Sydel said, calming me down a bit.

With that, we made our way downstairs. My mother took Canon from my arms then we all made our way to the Sprinter van. Seth and Callie are in town as well, so this was the perfect time to tell everyone about baby Raelyn.

"Stephen, you still haven't told me why we're having dinner with Alani's family after the game." My mom spoke up.

"I don't see why we shouldn't?" I shrugged.

"You know why we shouldn't."

I pinched the bridge of my nose in annoyance. I know exactly what she's about to say next.

"You really want to have drama on the first Christmas without Ayesha? I don't think having dinner with them is going to end well. Don't you think we're going through enough right now."

What did I just say?

Sydel gave me a sympathetic look.

"I'm sure you can set whatever issue you have with Alani aside for one night." My dad said, rubbing my mom's arm. She rolled her eyes and looked out the window.

"Don't be a hater, Ma. Alani is good people." Seth said.

"No, she's not. She's the reason why your brother is getting divorced." My mom blurted out, making Seth look at me confused.

"I mean, I get that Stephen and Lani used to date in the past but blaming her for a whole divorce is wild."

"You don't know what I know, son."

"Can we please change the subject?" Sydel said, saving me from going off on this fine Christmas evening. "Damion and I extracted 6 eggs yesterday." Sydel excitedly explained her pregnancy journey beside me.

At Chase Centre.

I just finished giving the guys a little motivational ted talk in the locker room before the game. They've been on quite the losing streak these past few games. It's Christmas, I'm hoping that'll will them to get the dub tonight.

In the distance, I see Alani heading in the same direction.

"Hey, is Klay in the locker room?" She asked.

"Nah, I don't think he's coming to the game."

Not after that punch I gave him.

She went silent and nervously started fidgeting with the bracelet on her wrist. "Is everything okay?"