34.

Alani Marie Castillo.
Oakland, CA.

I'm finally home!

But I'm not exactly excited to be back, though.

I've been avoiding both Wardell and Klay. They've been suffocating me too much. Each time I turn around, one of them is there and they're always bickering about something.

I really want to get back with Wardell but I can't hurt Klay. Not after all he's done for me. I know Klay loves me. Maybe in another lifetime, I'd be able to love him the way he deserves but my love belongs to one person, unfortunately. And speaking of that love, Wardell just got out of a 12 year relationship, is he even ready to fully commit to me this soon? Maybe I should focus on myself.

Shit, I have a lot to think about.
I know it's my fault for getting involved with 2 men at the same time so I can't solely put the blame on them.

What would you do if both Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson wanted you?

Nonetheless, today is Christmas Eve and I was preparing for tomorrow's festivities. We'd be going to the Warriors game later that day then dinner here at my house to tell the Curry family about the baby. I don't even want to get into that right now.

"Do you need help?" Camila asked as she entered the kitchen, disrupting my thoughts.

Things between us have been awkward since she told me that she wanted to go see our dying father. I don't agree with her, I don't understand why she wants to see him. If you ask me, it's manipulation at its finest because Victor could've contact us sooner. Why'd he have to be on his death bed to suddenly reach out to us?

I really hate that people only start to realise the consequences of their actions when they're at their lowest point.

"I'm good." I simply said, avoiding eye contact with Camila.

"It's Christmas. You still mad over some shit that happened over a month ago?"

"I guess I am."

Camila kissed her teeth. "You need to grow the fuck up!" She raised her voice, taking me by surprise. "Sorry I'm not as prideful as you are. Life is short, Alani! I don't want to be left wondering what if, you know? Look at he bigger picture! I want my kids to know their grandfather. I want to have closure with the man who caused me so much suffering. You have to understand."

"You're forgetting that is the same man who walked out on us-"

"HOW COULD ANYONE POSSIBLY FORGET IF YOU KEEP REMINDING US? WE KNOW!"

Now she's getting on my nerves for real.

"What is going on here?" My mom walked into the kitchen, looking between Mila and I.

"Your daughter's still salty about me going to see Dad." Mila said, facing my mom.

"I have the right to be salty, Ma! Do you know how different our lives could've been? Him leaving changed our lives forever and y'all want me to forget all about it? He can drop dead tomorrow for all I care!" I took a deep breath before speaking. "Mila, do whatever you want. Just do it far away from me! I don't want to hear about any of this shit."

"It's funny how you're judging Dad for his life choices when you're practically doing the same thing!" Camila countered, smirking.

"Okay Camila, don't say something you'll regret." My mom tried to reason.

"Let her say what she wants to say."

"You acting all holier than thou when you literally broke up a family! You're not any better than dad.