13.

Wardell Stephen Curry.
Oakland, CA.

Today was the launch of L'Agence and I was nervous because i haven't told Ayesha about it yet. I know she's gonna trip about not being "camera ready" and all that when she knows she's beautiful without all that makeup stuff.

In the meantime, I was just getting the girls ready to go. I was about to brush Ryan's hair and she already started wincing.

"Ry, I have to brush your hair. Don't you want to look pretty?"

"But it hurts, daddy." Her soft voice spoke up.

"I'll be quick, okay?"

Ryan nodded and i quickly ran the comb over her hair and tied it in a neat bun. They definitely have my genes with these honey brown curls.

"Dad, aren't you gonna tell us where were going?" Riley questioned.

"It's a surprise." I said and her eyes lit up.

Alani told me there'd be a face painting station and mini bounce house for the kids to play in. I love how family oriented her brand is.

"Y'all just chill up here for a second okay, I have to find mommy."

I left the girls room to look for Ayesha and Canon.

"Ish!" I called out but got no response.

I walked into her office to see bags lined up by the door.

"What are all these bags for?" I asked, making Ayesha jump.

"Babe, you scared me." She holds a hand to her chest. "Why are you all dressed up?" She asked. I was wearing dark jeans, a navy blue v-neck with dress shoes and a suit jacket. Casual fit if you ask me.

"Don't answer my question with a question, Ish. Are you going somewhere?" I pressed. "And where's Canon?"

"Don't get mad but the producers want me to fly out to LA to finish the show. I can't reschedule it because they want Family Food Fight to air by the time summer ends."

You have to be joking.

"So, for how long will you be gone?"

"About 2 weeks. My mom is coming with me to watch Canon while I work." She said while finishing some last minute packing. "I know I won't be here to support you during the Finals but I'm always a phone call away if you need me." She comforted me.

"But you didn't tell me why you're dressed up." She reverts back to her first question.

About that.

"Well, Alani invited us to her L'Agence launch today. The kids are coming too."

"And how long have you known about this?" She eyed me suspiciously.

"I found out last night." I say, and Ayesha scoffs. "In my defence, she only told me about it last night."

"I didn't know y'all were friends again." Ayesha gave me a look.