24.

Alani Marie Castillo.
Oakland, CA.
Days later.

As you may have guessed, my period did not start and now I'm panicking. I even called Gia and Tiana over because I was losing my fucking mind.

Out of all the things that could've happened to me this year... pregnancy? Man, what am I gonna do?

"Relax, Alani. Everything will be fine." Tiana tried to comfort me but I wasn't having any of it.

I took a pregnancy test and now we're sitting on my bathroom floor waiting on the results.

"No, it won't, Tee. I'm having a baby by a married man!" I sighed in frustration.

"I thought the whole affair thing was crazy. But having a baby... that's even crazier." Gia muttered to herself.

"Tell us something we don't know, genius." I playfully slapped her arm.

"Ouch." She yelped. "I didn't tell y'all to have unprotected sex."

"I thought he pulled out." I argued.

"You thought?" Tiana raised an eyebrow. "Alani, you're damn near 40 making rookie ass mistakes."

40? Now that's reaching. I just turned 31.

She's right, though. I should've been extra careful. Wardell and I get so caught up in the moment that I forget all about this kind of stuff. Condoms and birth control never crossed my mind.

"Well, I'm excited to be an Aunty. Tiana, I love you sis, but you know I'm the Godmother, right?" Gia turned to Tiana who just rolled her eyes.

Gia has time for jokes.

"Gia, shut up before I knock you out!"

"Lani, you know damn well-"

"Ight, both of you shut the hell up!" Tiana chimed in. "The timer just went off."

My heart started pounding as Tiana stood up to look at the results.

Lord, if you forgive me this one time, I'll never do no dumb shit like this ever again.

"Well, looks like we're having another baby Curry." Tiana shakes her head and hands me the test.

Tears started rolling down my cheeks as I stared at the two blue lines.

"We'll be here for you. Don't cry, we got you." Gia rubbed circles on my back, making me want to sob more.

This is not how I planned to bring my first child into the world.

"Are you gonna tell Steph?" Tiana asked.

"Not right now. He has a lot going on." I sniffled and wiped my face.

"Girl, he has to know." Gia urged.

"I know. Let me go to the doctors first, then I'll tell Wardell." I explained. "This stays between us, okay. Tiana, don't tell Jackson because your husband cannot keep a fucking secret to save his life."

She mugged me. "Not too much on my man now."

Days later.

Being inside any sort of medical environment gives me anxiety but I finally made an appointment to see a gynaecologist and the hardest part about all this is that I have to make her sign a non-disclosure agreement. I can't have my pregnancy leaked before I even tell Wardell or my family. These blogs love ruining important moments in people's lives and I can't risk anyone finding out yet.