7

Wardell Stephen Curry.
Oakland, CA.

"Ally!" I yelled at Alani as she speed walked in the opposite direction.

I wonder what happened to make her cry like that. I walked back into the VIP lounge to see if anyone knew anything.

I know we're not on the best terms but I'll always care about her.

"Steph! Have you seen Alani?" A panicked Gia ran out of the lounge.

"She went that way." I pointed in the direction I just came from. "What happened? Is she okay?"

"Go ask your mother!" Gia angrily said and ran in the same direction Alani went in.

My mother? What did she do to Alani this time?

I shook my head and made my way towards my family who congratulated me on my victory.

"I'm so proud of you baby!" Ayesha embraced me but I had other things on my mind at this moment.

"Mom, what happened with Alani?"

My mom furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"I don't know, son." My mom shrugged. "I just went over to say hi to her earlier. Is something wrong?"

I decided to drop it since no one felt like being truthful today. My mom and Alani always had this weird tension between them and I hated being in the middle of it all.

I brushed the thought to the back of my mind and decided to enjoy this limited time I had with my entire family being in the same city for once.

"Why didn't you tell us Lani moved here." Sydel quizzed. I froze at the question.

"I didn't know she moved here either." I answered.

"Why did you stop being friends with her anyways? Y'all were inseparable back in the day. Lani even had her own closet at the house." Seth chuckled at the memory.

Lord knows I hate answering this question because I have to lie about it every time.

"We just grew apart. I was going to the NBA and she was going back to North Carolina, it just wasn't going to work." I nonchalantly replied.

"You had a little crush on her though." Sydel teased, and I cringe inside.

"I said the same thing." Ayesha co-signs, making me turn my head in her direction. "What was I supposed to think? You were always with her."

"Y'all are weird as hell man." I shake my head and go socialise with the other guests.

I had some beautiful memories of Alani. It's sad that I won't get to experience that ever again.

The Next Day.

The situation with Alani last night kept replaying in my head and it was just bothering me. After she showed up in my driveway that night, she hasn't left my thoughts and I know its wrong for a married man to think of another woman but I couldn't help myself. I have a history with her and I obviously still care about her.

Since I had some time on my hands today, I decided to contact Tiana to see if I could get Alani's contact information. I need to talk to her, to make sure she's okay after last night, of course."

After some persuading, Tiana gave me Alani's phones number.

You can do it, Wardell. It's just Ally. Your Ally.

Here goes nothing.

The phone rang for a couple of seconds before her sweet voice ran through my ears. "Hello?"

"Hey, Ally. It's Wardell."

The line goes quiet for a moment before she speaks up again. "Oh, why are you calling? And where did you get my phone number from?"

"Relax, I just wanted to check on you after yesterday."

"I'm fine." She says rather quickly and that's when I knew she was lying. Alani can't lie to save her life.

"I don't believe you." I replied.

Ally let's out a frustrated sigh. "Is that all, Wardell?"

I love that she's the only person who calls me by my first name.

"If my mother said anything to you, I'd like to know."

Alani's loud laughter fills my ears.

"And what are you gonna do? Let's be real for a second. You wouldn't stand up for me years ago, what makes today different?"

"I'm sorry for what happened back then, okay. But I'm a grown ass man, I can handle my mom."

"I'll have to see that with my own eyes." She says.

"I think we should talk in person." I blurt out. It's now or never.

"You're happily married. There's no reason for us to talk."

"For you there isn't. There's so much I want to tell you."

A brief moment of silence takes over again before she speaks. She must be thinking about it at least, that's good right?

"I don't know, Wardell." She trails off.

"Just think about, please Ally." I begged.

"I'll be in LA next week, so we'll see when I come back."

"Okay, great. I'll text you." I say, dancing in my seat a little.

"Bye, Delly." She hung up and I smiled like an idiot.

I haven't heard her call me that in years and it feels amazing.

Authors Note:
Double update as promised. 7 chapter in and the drama will start soon. Looks like Stephen's feeling for Alani are obvious. Also, I like the nicknames they have for each other. Don't forget to vote and comment. 💕💕💕