25.

Omniscient.
Oakland, CA.

Stephen and his family touched down in Oakland around noon and he was ready to see his girl. He saw online that she was hanging around Klay a lot these past few weeks, so he made a mental note to ask her what that was about.

He helped Ayesha get all their bags into his Range Rover. He buckled Riley, Ryan and Canon into their car seats and closed the door when he was done.

"Stephen, are you gonna drive or should I?" Ayesha asks while putting her sunglasses on.

"You take the kids home. I'll see y'all later." He replied.

Ayesha eyes widened. "And where the hell are you going?"

He huffed. "I think you know where I'm going."

"Are you serious right now? What about the kids?" She drew her head back in confusion. The family spent a few weeks away from the Bay and she thought some time away might do her marriage some good but clearly Steph is still hooked on his mistress.

"We just got back from a trip. I think I spent adequate amount of time with the kids." He said sternly. "What I said about us being over still stands."

Ayesha rolled her eyes. "You know happens when you leave me, right? That still stands as well."

"Ayesha, just stop! You're not scaring anybody." He muttered while pulling his phone out to ordering an Uber to Alani's house.

"You should be scared though!" She glared at him. "Do you really want to play this game?"

"You're really willing to let the kids suffer because I don't wanna be with you anymore? What kind of parent are you?"

"A damn good one!" Ayesha countered. "I'm the only one trying to save this family."

"You're destroying this family, that's what you're actually doing." Stephen shook his head. "Leaving now is better than traumatising them down the line with this facade of marriage we have. They don't deserve that and neither do you."

"I know what I deserve, and that's to make this work!" Ayesha responded.

Stephen sighed heavily, feeling defeated. He didn't know what he could say to make himself clear.

"Man, whatever. I'm not gonna keep going back and forth with you." He waved her off and watched as his Uber approached. "Like I said before, this is over. I'm going to be with Alani whether you like it or not."

"Okay. I got something for yo ass." She smirks before getting into the car and slamming the door shut.

Might have to contact Wesley sooner than I expected, she thought.

On the other side of town, the vibes at Alani's house were immaculate.

Alani decided to host a little barbecue at her house. No special occasion, the gang just hadn't seen each other in a minute. Plus, it's been 2 weeks post Klay's surgery. Recovery would be difficult so Alani wanted to make the process as smooth as possible for him.

Alani laughed to herself as she watched Klay hobble over to the kitchen where she was making tamales.

"Look at you cutting raw meat without throwing up." Klay teased.

She was 8 weeks pregnant now and the morning sickness had died down a bit. She wasn't showing yet, as the baby was only the size of a raspberry by now.

"Keep it up and you ain't eating today." Alani warned.

"Okay, I'm sorry." Klay snakes his arm around her waist from behind. "How are you feeling today?"