10.

Alani Castillo.
Oakland, CA.

I got back to the Bay Area about 2 days ago and I've just been hibernating in my bedroom for the past few days. I've only left my room to use the bathroom and to get food. My phone is turned off and I haven't answered any emails either.

I just need a couple of days to myself. To recharge. The media is having a field day with the news of my divorce, so there's that.

I'm also on my period so I've been super emotional lately and I hate it.

Thug Alani will be back soon, don't worry.

On top of everything, Wardell still wants to meet and I don't know how to feel about it. I mean, I've been wanting this for a long time but I didn't think it would happen this soon.

I don't know if I'm ready to hear what he has to say but on the other hand, I know we both needs this. Closure, I guess.

Loud banging on the front door interrupted my thoughts. Who could that be?

I took a glance around my bedroom and noticed the unpacked suitcases, clothes and food containers just thrown all over.

The house hasn't been cleaned since I left so whoever is at the door will have to come back another time.

"Bitch, I know you're in there! If you don't open this damn door." I hear Tiana yell and I facepalm myself.

I put my slippers on and made my way downstairs.

"Hurry up! I need to pee!" I heard Gia yell.

This bitch.

"Surprise!" Tiana exclaimed when I opened the door. Gia almost knocked me over as she ran into one of the guest bathrooms.

"I come barring your favourite snacks. Cookies and Cream flavoured ice cream; Hot Cheetos, Haribo peaches and pop corn, of course." Tiana hands me the basket of goodies.

She's so thoughtful. I almost cried right there.

"I appreciate you." I winked and led her to the lounge area.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Like shit." I sighed. "He's still refusing to sign the papers."

"I know he doesn't know me and I don't know him, but I will personally fly out to LA and beat his ass." Gia said out of nowhere.

I swear she just appears and says the most outta pocket shit. But we still love her though.

"I'll be right there with you because he's doing too much at this point." Tiana co-signs, shaking her head.

It feels good to finally have genuine friends, and not just people who tolerate you. I thank God for these 2 everyday. It's hard to build mature friendships these days.

"I just don't have the energy for it. My launch is coming up, this drama circulating the media at the same time. A hot mess, chile."

"Don't worry, Lani. We gotcha." Gia squeezes my hand gently.

"Yeah, we'll be here for whatever you need. Don't shut everyone out, okay."