23.

Alani Marie Castillo.
Oakland, CA.

It's been a week since my birthday trip and I'm still sick. Crazy, I know. Y'all probably thinking I'm pregnant but I should be getting my period within the next few days. If it doesn't come, then I should definitely be worried.

In an alternate universe, I would be ecstatic to have Wardell's baby but that isn't ideal right now. We're both technically still married so that would complicate things further.

With the way I was feeling, I couldn't spend a full day at work, so I packed my stuff up and made my way back home.

As I was pulling up, there was a black Escalator parked in front of my house. All this parking and they still decide to park by my fucking house.

Punk ass neighbours.

I entered the house and set my stuff down on the kitchen counter. I grabbed a water and some crackers because this combo is the only thing that doesn't nauseate me.

Once the snacks were secured, I made my way upstairs to change into some comfortable clothing and binge watch some VH1. Love and Hip Hop is low-key my comfort show.

A few minutes into the show, I hear keys jingle downstairs and that only meant one thing. My love is here.

We haven't spoken much over the past few days. I figured he needed some space to think about the big decisions he has to make.

A few seconds later, Wardell walked into my bedroom and he was looking totally out of it. He looked exhausted, he wasn't his usual chirpy self.

"Are you okay?"

"Why is it so cold in here?" He took of his shoes and crawled into bed with me.

"There's just something about a cold room." I replied.

Wardell rolled his eyes and snuggled closer to me and laid his head on my chest.

"You look tired, baby? Is everything okay."

He sighed. "I haven't been getting much sleep. Between this whole Ayesha situation, dad life, planning the annual Curry Camp and the launch of the Curry 8s...my schedule is pretty hectic right now."

"My poor baby." I gently ran my fingers through his curls. "I haven't been feeling that great earlier, if that's any consolation."

He chuckled lowly. "You're still sick?"

"Kinda."

His head rose from my chest and he placed a flat hand to my forehead. "Did you go to the doctors?"

"It's just food poisoning, Wardell. I'm fine." I waved him off. He visibly relaxed and assumed his previous position.

I'm not telling him about the pregnancy scare until I know for sure. He's under enough stress as is. 

"Good. I can't have you dying on me."

"Dramatic much?"

"Why do watch this stuff?" He made a stank face as he motioned towards the TV.

"It's reality TV. I watch it for the drama."