11.

Wardell Stephen Curry.
Oakland, CA.

"Alright, boys. I'm about to head out." I announced to Andre, Klay, Kevin and Dray as we finished watching the Raptors vs 76ers game.

"I call the Raps to win this series." Klay said as he too fixed to leave.

"Same bro." KD agrees. "I know Kawhi would love to beat us in the finals." K added.

"He can try. He won't be winning shit with Serge and Lowry." Draymond said, making the guys crack up.

"Dray, don't jinx us. Let's see who wins the series before we start talking shit." I warned.

"Okay, Pastor Wardell." He waved me off while I mugged him.

These nicknames they be giving are crazy.

"Alright, not too much on my mans now." Klay interjected, defending me.

I said my final goodbyes to the team before making my exit with Klay following closely behind me.

"Steph, can I ask you something?" Klay said.

I nodded waiting for him to continue.

"It's about your friend, Alani."

Oh shit, here we go. I immediately become tense as soon as someone mentions her.

"What about her?"

"Is the news about her being divorced true?"

Why in the hell would he be asking me that?

"I honestly don't know, bro." I replied.

"Oh, I was just wondering." He nodded and dapped me up before leaving.

Weird.

I got into my car and Alani immediately took over my thoughts once again. She was on my mind a lot lately, like, to the point where I'm even dreaming about her.

It wasn't that late so I'm sure she wouldn't mind if I pulled up on her. You know, to have our talk. As friends.

I need to see her. I need to make sure she's okay. That we're okay.

After contemplating for a while, I decided to just call her.

'Marie 🧸' I stared at the screen waiting for her to answer, while focusing on the road at the same time.

"Hey, Wardell." She answered.

For some reason, she always makes me nervous. Plus, I don't know if she's even up to seeing me right now. Let's hope I don't get rejected.

"Wassup, Ally. Are you busy?" I asked.

"No, why?" Alani asked, sounding a bit skeptical.

"I want us to meet, if that's okay with you?"

"Are you sure you wanna meet right now? It's kinda late and I don't wanna drive." She said, making me frown slightly.