Chapter 48

Joseph's POV

Denver is laying on the couch, still in pain, it's only the second day in which he's giving birth, and it should take up to a week.

Also, Denver is currently angry at Carter, since he claims that he forgot to tell us that if Denver doesn't give birth in the mating room, that our child won't be able to became an Alpha, if Denver will end up taking over the position after Carter.

I don't think that he wanted us to know that, since when Timmy told us that he had to give birth there, Carter glared at him, as if he didn't want us to know anything about it.

We have decided that Denver will give birth in the hospital like planned, since he said that he doesn't believe in Moon Goddess' laws, at least not in all of them.

And he also said that Iif he passes the Alpha ceremony, then his child will pass it too, no matter where he was born, and if he doesn't then it ends the topic there.

I agree with him, since I don't like the idea of giving birth publicly.

Also, I just got to know that I don't like angry Denver, especially when he's in pain, he literally kicked me out of the living room, and he told me to not come back for an hour.

So, I decided that I should go for a run to clean my head, and get ready to watch him give birth.

I go outside, and I shift quickly, before I take off at full speed, I run around the pack, before I can't stand on my paws anymore, then I return to the house.

To my disappointment, the run didn't clean my head at all, and I'm left with even more thoughts than I had before I have left.

I go upstairs to the bathroom, so I can wash myself, sneaking a glance into the living room where a few of the kids are watched by Timmy.

Denver lays on the couch, with a light blanket over him, he has his eyes closed, but it doesn't look like he's sleeping.

I decide to leave him for a while longer, so I got to the bathroom take a shower, before I dress myself quickly.

I go down the stairs, and I sit next to Denver on the couch, I massage his feet, hoping that it will ease the pain, at least a little bit.

"How was your run?" Timmy asks.

"It was fine, uneventful." I tell him, and before he can answer, Carter comes inside, and he takes a sit on one of the other couches.

"Is he still angry at me?" Carter asks me, pointing at Denver.

"Most likely." I say.

"Of course, I am." Denver tells him.

"It slipped my mind, since Timmy was giving birth in the house the last few times, so I just got used to it." Carter tells us honestly.

"It doesn't matter anyway, he is going to the hospital as we have planned." I tell him, hoping that Denver will just forgive him.