Chapter 42

Denver's POV

Papa had to go to work only a few minutes after our conversation, he also needed help, since he was distracted because Oliver and Alex disappeared, which made him leave all the paperwork that has to be done by the end of the week.

The older kids had to go to school, that is in the pack house, and that left  Joseph, along with dad, and the six babies, that are still very quiet.

Joseph and I have stayed for a while to help with the kids, but as soon as Mason came back, we decided to go back to Joseph's house.

"Thanks for the help, guys." Dad says, before he gives us a gentle hug.

"No problem." Joseph tells him.

We go out, and we make our way towards the border, where Joseph's house is.

We reach it within half an hour, and I realise that we have a guest, it's some guy that I don't recognise, although he smells like our pack, so I'm sure that he's not a rouge.

Joseph tenses, and I look at him to see that he has an angry look on his face, he let's go of my hand, and he goes towards the guy, while I stay behind.

"What do you want?" Joseph asks the man, making him smile at him with clearly fake joy.

"What? Can't an uncle visit his nephew?" The man asks.

"You're not even my uncle. You were only my father's friend." Joseph reminds him.

"No one cares." The man tells him. "I see that my friends didn't scare you enough, you're still coming to the trainings." He says.

"You told them to beat me up?" Joseph asks.

"Of course, I did, I couldn't have some prisoner come to the pack training, and be better than me, I have trained for years, it's not fair." He says.

I quickly pull out my phone, and I send a message to papa, telling him to come here quickly with some warriors.

"Did you see how they looked after they attacked me? Do you want to look like that?" Joseph asks.

"I don't think it's me that will be bleeding on the ground." The man says, before he tries to punch Joseph.

Joseph catches his arm with ease, and he twists it, before I can hear the bone snap.

Before he can do anything else, papa comes into my view, and he immediately goes to separate the two of them.

He tells the guards, that came with him, to take the man to the cellars, while he tells me to unlock the gate.

I do it quickly, and all three of us go through it, before we go straight to the living room.

Papa asks us what this was all about, and Joseph tells him everything that the man have told us.

After papa knows everything, we offer him a cup of tea, but he declines, saying that he has to ge back to his office.

So, he leaves Joseph's house, while we lay down on the couch, and we decide to watch another movie.

Or at least we try, but we fall asleep before we can even watch the first half of it, despite the early hour.