Chapter 28

Denver's POV

Few days later, I finally convinced Joseph to get out of the house, we will go on a walk around the pack lands, not too far from his house.

"We have to eat something first." Joseph tells me, and I groan.

"I'm too excited to eat anything right now." I tell him, hoping that we will just go outside.

"I'm not going anywhere, before I eat."  He tells me, and I just accept that I will have to wait a while longer, since I don't want to argue with him today.

"Alright, but we will eat something that won't take too much time to make." I tell him, and he accepts the compromise.

We decide to make crumbled eggs with some vegetables, and I eat as quick as I can, while also telling Joseph to eat faster.

Of course, he doesn't do as I ask, and he decides to continue to eat at his usual peace, or maybe even slower.

But a few minutes later, there finally isn't any food on his plate, so I put the plates into the sink, and I go back to Joseph.

"Finally." I say, and he laughs slightly when I take his hand, and I pull him with me outside of his house.

We reach the gate quickly, and I open it before I pull him again.

"I thought we were going on a walk, not a run." Joseph complains.

"Sorry." I say, and I slow down a little.

We walk around the woods, hand in hand, and I lead him to one of my favourite places in the pack, a lake.

It's not really in the pack lands, but it's right beyond the border of our pack, so it isn't very dangerous to go there.

"Where are we going?" Joseph asks curiously.

"You'll see." I tell him.

"I hate surprises." He says.

"It's not a surprise I just want you to see by yourself." I tell him.

"Alright." He says, with an eye roll.

"How does it feel to be outside?" I ask him.

"It's fine, I wasn't out here in over fifteen years, the forest didn't change much, but I can bet that it will be weird to see the pack house, or the people that I used to know." He explains, and I nod in understanding.

"Yeah, I can't even imagine how I would feel if I was locked in one house for years." I tell him, giving him a side hug to let him know that I'm proud of him.

"Are we going to the lake?" He asks, most likely recognising the surroundings.

"Yeah. How did you know?" I ask him.

"It was one of my favourite places." He says.

"It's my favourite place too." I tell him, and he looks at me to see if I'm serious.

I smile at him, and he returns the smile, before he lifts me, and he starts to run towards the lake, with me thrown over his shoulder, making me laugh loudly.

He sets me down when we reach it, and I lead him the rock that lay right next to the lake, so we can sit on it.