Chapter 33

Joseph's POV

We reach the house and as expected, Reggie sits in fort of the gate, waiting for us.

"Where were you?" Reggie asks.

"At your house." I say, pointing at Alex.

"Oh." Reggie says.

"Yeah." Denver responds.

To be honest, from what Denver was telling me about his younger siblings, I thought that he hated them.

But now I can see that he actually doesn't mind hanging out with them, as long as they're quiet enough.

I put the bag, that I was carrying, down on the ground, and I search my pocket for the key.

I find it quick enough, and I open the gate to let everyone inside, we all enter the house, and we go straight to the living room.

I take Alex from Denver, since I want to play with him for a bit.

I have never taken care of a small kid, so I hope that Denver knows what to do.

I sit on the couch next to Reggie, and I place Alex on my lap, he cuddles to me, and he sucks on his pacifier silently.

Reggie reaches for the laptop, and he puts on some movie, it's definitely meant for kids, but I find it quite funny anyway.

"How long can I stay here?" Reggie asks me.

"Until someone picks you up." I tell him.

"And when will that be?" He asks again.

"Probably in the morning." I tell him, since Carter said that they were going camping, that would mean that they intend to stay the night outside.

"Great." Hs cheers. "Do you have a guest room?" He asks me.

"I do have one." I tell him with a small nod.

He smiles at me, and he turns back to watching the movie.

I feel Denver cuddle to my side, so I put my arm around him, and I pull him a little closer, before I kiss his head.

Not long later someone punches the gate, and I wonder if Carter already came for the kids.

I go outside to check, and I'm greeted by one of Denver's friends, I think he's name is Erick.

As I open the gate to let him inside, I notice that he is holding a pink blanket.

"What do you have?" I ask him curiously, trying to see what's inside.

He comes inside, letting the gate lock itself behind him, and he removes the blanket a little bit, to reveal a sleeping baby.

"Is that your daughter?" I ask him, reaching my hand to touch her head.

"Yeah, my mate gave birth a few days ago, I wanted you, and Denver to meet her." He tells me.

I invite him inside, and I lead him to the living room, where Denver is still sitting.

He looks up to see who came here, and his eyes go wide when he sees the kid.

"Can I hold her?" He asks instantly, and Erick hands him the baby.

"What's her name?" Denver asks curiously.

"Ericka." Erick says proudly, and Denver rolls his eyes, before he realises that Erick was serious.

"I can't believe that you gave her a terrible name." Denver tells him but, Erick just smiles.