Chapter 37

Denver's POV

"They came here to beat me, because I was too good at the training." I tell him with a groan.

"Are you alright?" He asks.

"I will be fine. Can you call Carter?" I ask him, and he nods before, he takes out his phone, and he calls his father.

He explains what's going on, and a few minutes later, Carter comes here with some of the guards, and they take the four bastards to the cellars.

Denver and I go inside my house, and he insists that I let him check my wounds, that have already almost healed.

He looks them over, and when he decides that there's nothing serious, he finally relaxes, and he sits on the couch next to me.

"Papa will take care of those guys." Denver tells me.

"Good." I say.

He puts his arm around me, and he makes me lean against him.

We lay like that for about an hour, enjoying the silence, but it's interrupted by someone punching the gate.

I groan, and I try to stand up, but Denver makes me lay down on the couch, before he takes the key, and he goes outside to see who came here.

Soon Carter comes inside my living room, before he sits on the other couch.

He tells me to explain everything that happened, and after I do, he informs me that the four bastards made up some lies, but he says that he believes that I'm telling the truth.

I thank him, and he reminds me that I am still expected to shout up at the next training, which makes me groan, but I don't try to convince him to let me stay, since I already know that it won't work.

He leaves after that, and I close my eyes to rest them, lately I feel pretty tired which isn't very common for me, I guess all that life outside the gate is more tiresome than I remember it to be.

Denver goes out of the room for a while, before he returns, and he makes me sit up, so I can drink the cup of tea, that he made.

I drink it happily, and after the cup is empty, we decide to lay down, and to watch a few more movies.

Denver falls asleep fast, but I can't find the strength to carry him upstairs.

So, I reach my hand to his pocket, and I take out his phone, before I enter the password that Reggie showed me.

I play some driving game, the one that Reggie showed me.

But it gets boring after a while, so I decide that I should just take us to bed.

I stand up to do so, but then I realise that Denver didn't eat anything, so it wouldn't be healthy for him or the baby if we skip the dinner.

So, I let him rest in the couch, while I make us some spaghetti.

When it's done, I set the plates on the small table that is in my living room, and I wake him up.

"What?" He asks, looking at me with a cute, tired expression.

"You have to eat." I say, and he groans, but he does it anyway.