Chapter 25

Denver's POV

I wake up, and I look around to see where I'm at.

"You're awake?" Chris asks, probably hearing my movements.

"Yeah." I say, and I try to sit up.

I regret it instantly, since it makes all the memories come back, so I grab my head when it starts to hurt.

"Calm down, it's going to be fine." He tells me, rubbing my back.

I stay like that for a moment, until my head stops hurting, then I look up at him, and he smiles at me slightly.

"When you were asleep, I checked if the womb, that you seem to have inherited from your dad, is in good enough condition to carry this child." He informs me, and I don't know if I should hope for it to be fine or damaged.

"And?" I ask.

"It's fine for now, but it's not as good as Omegas, so you will probably have to have it removed after having about two children, we will have to see how it will heal after you give birth." He tells me, and I nod.

"Fine." I tell him. "Can you not tell my fathers about it?" I ask, not wanting them to know yet.

"I should tell them." He says, and I groan.

"Just tell them that I'm sick because the season is changing, that's what they expect." I tell him.

He looks at me with displeased expression, clearly not wanting to keep any information from his Alpha, especially since it's about his son.

"Fine, but I have a question." He says.

"What?" I ask him.

"Is it your mate's kid?" He asks, and I nod slightly.

"Who is it?" He asks, and I consider telling him to back off, but I need him to keep this from my parents, so I should be nice.

"Joseph, they guy that is locked in the house near the border." I tell him, and he nods.

I decide that it's time to go back, so I tell him that I have to go, and he lets me leave.

I go to my house, and it's louder than usual, I almost wince.

I quickly put the pictures into my pocket, to make sure that no one will see it.

I make my way down the stairs, but I'm stopped by papa, who has to yell over the screams to tell me to come over there.

I quickly enter the living room, that has way too many kids in it, and I look at papa, hoping to make this conversation quick.

"Yes?" I ask.

"What did the Doctor say?" He asks.

"Doctor Zack wasn't there, but Chris said that nothing's wrong." I say quickly.

"Alright." He says, and I turn around to go to my room.

"Denver!" He yells again, making me groan as I go towards the living room again.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"It's loud here, so you can go rest in Joseph's house if you want." He says.

"I will." I say, and I go out of the front door quicker than ever, so he won't have a chance to tell me to come back.