Chapter 15

Denver's POV

"How did you survive here for so long?" I ask him, stunned.

"I got used to it after a while, for the first few months I was going crazy, and I was panicking a lot, but then I started getting used to it." He says, with a sad smile that I return.

"I will have to show you so many things, that you haven't seen in ages." I tell him, already excited about all the things I will get to show him.

"Yeah, I will gladly see all of it." He responds.

I give him a peck, and I cuddle close to him, we lay like that for a while, before we hear something outside.

We stand up, and Joseph opens the front door quickly to see Reggie that is already waiting at the door.

"Did you take they key out?" Joseph asks quickly.

"Yeah" Reggie says, and he shows him the key that he holds in his hand.

"That's great." Joseph says.

"Do you want to go outside with us." I ask Joseph.

"I don't think I'm ready for it yet." He says, and I nod in acknowledgement.

I take Reggie to the living room, while Joseph goes to make us all some breakfast.

He comes back soon, and we eat happily, while having some light conversation.

"There is a house being built for me, it should be finished soon, we can stay here for now if you want." I tell Joseph.

"Yeah, that will be fine." He says, before he sends me another smile.

"Can I live with you? I don't want to share my room with Hugh anymore, he cries too much." Reggie asks.

"We will see what papa has to say about it." I tell him.

I don't mind taking him out of that house, and Joseph seems to enjoy his company, so it shouldn't be a big problem.

"Papa?" Joseph asks.

"Carter." I tell him, and he nods once.

"Hey!" I hear Erick's voice, so I stand up, and I go to see what's going on.

"Hi." I say, as I go out of the front door, and I see that Erick and John are both standing in front of the gate.

"Hi man." John greets.

"What are you doing here?" I ask them.

"We came to meet your mate, we went to your house, but you weren't there, so we figured out that you will most likely be here, and it seems that we were right." Erick says.

"You can come in, but I have to go get the key to open the gate first." I inform them, and I rush inside to take the key from Reggie.

I go back, and I open the gate, this time a lot faster than last night.

I let them inside, and I lead them towards the front door that I have left open.

Joseph is waiting at the entrance of the living room, so I go there, and I stop when I'm next to him.

"Alright, so this is Joseph, and this is stupid John, and even more stupid Erick." I say.

"I'm not the more stupid one, but it's nice to meet you, Joseph." Erick says, and after that, they start some light conversation, while we go to the living room to sit on the couch.